Skip to main content

Fitting Genuine Heater to Inter

More
7 years 4 months ago #177921 by oldgmc
I have a fully restored genuine Inter Heater I am about to fit to my D1110 can any one provide me with a guide to where to put the holes in the fire wall for the water hoses or a picture of the fire wall with the heater fitted thanks in advance oldgmc

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #177931 by CJT12345
Hi oldgmc
I have an international C1500 with a heater, I have no idea if it is original or not. I have attached a photo. If you need more details I can let you know.
Colin

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by hayseed. Reason: inserted Pic

More
7 years 4 months ago #177933 by Lang
I think a few right angle pipe fittings really tidy up the installation.

They are certainly better than nothing for the southern dwellers. I had a similar unit in a Commer (the old circular NASCO style) the same size as this. If it is really cold your left foot is kept reasonably warm but the rest of your body needs to be clothed like Scott of the Antarctic.

Lang

More
7 years 4 months ago #177948 by bel
Replied by bel on topic Fitting Genuine Heater to Inter
Hi I have an Inter fire truck with the original heater in it . If you give me your phone number I will take some photos of it and send them to you
Brendan

More
7 years 4 months ago #178008 by bparo
I'm surprised it needs a heater. They must have improved the cab insulation as my AR162 gets warm quickly on the inside. A demister would be handy though

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
7 years 4 months ago #178010 by PaulFH
The R, AR and AS cabs were cosy compared with the AA models on.
Many a cold frosty night! Paul.

More
7 years 4 months ago #178022 by asw120
Yep, ASW nice and toasty in winter once the engine warms up. Not so much fun in summer !

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 4 months ago #178039 by olddon
Still remember the AB cabs in winter on the Hume !!!

More
7 years 4 months ago #178053 by bparo
Still remember driving home to Glen Waverley from the domain Gardens in 40+ degrees one Australia Day. The truck didn't miss a beat but the occupants got about 8km per litre of water. We went through as much water for people as the truck did in fuel!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
7 years 4 months ago #178060 by oldgmc
Thanks guy but have fitted when I started to have good look the permanent bolts are already fitted on the fire wall only had to drill holes for hoses and attach cables and fan switch already had a Smiths heater fitted so did not have to muck around removing plugs from head and water pump for water outlets and return and yes I agree Lang that could do with a bit of a tidy up, if any one wants an Smiths heater with electric fan and switch I have one for sale PM me Thankyou

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds