Skip to main content

1942 White W20 Articulated Bus

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #17188 by kaslkaos
Morning All !

Here's an interesting unit for sale. A 1942 White W20 Prime Mover that looks like an artic bus. Can honestly say have never see one before. Would love to know its history.

Here's the link:

www.truckworld.com.au/Trucks/WHITE/W20/17211.aspx

And the pics:

Who wants to take a guess what he's asking ???
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by kaslkaos.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #17189 by Andy Wright
Got a couple of emails about this the other day so passed them onto Dom for his artic bus hunting mate. Haven't heard anything yet.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 7 months ago #17190 by bigcam
The old bus has a Watt brothers body.Old mate wasn`t asking much for it,basically what the Perkins is worth. He needs the room and wants it out of his yard.I`ve passed his details on to Dominic,who sounded like his mate was going to buy it,and also to Barrie Watt who has been looking for ir for a while.Barrie has quite a few restored buses with his bodies on them.I would have thought between the two of them it would be gone by now.It`s up near Eumundi on the Sunshine Coast.

More
14 years 7 months ago #17191 by atkipete
These articulated buses were fairly common in the late 40s and 50s. I think the road authorities may have banned them.
One sort of bus I could manage, you don't have to talk to the passengers and can always pull the pin if they are getting out of hand.

More
14 years 7 months ago #17192 by kaslkaos
Just found these old photos dated 1947 in the National Archives.

It would be nice to think they are one and the same truck, but the one for sale only has 1 passenger door, the one above has 2.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17193 by young1
G'day all just thought I would let ya's know my dad purchased the old white bus,its a real old gem,we are going to restore it,its now back in victoria my dad and brother picked it up from QLD last week,if anyone has found out anymore info about these old buses,please let me know,he also has a Diamond T 420 in very good condition its stripped down to chassis rails at the moment if any one knows where there is any parts for these please let me know (wiring loom would be handy)

More
14 years 3 months ago #17194 by young1
also how do i upload pics???????

More
14 years 3 months ago #17195 by henryox
Hello, i wont swear to it but i think your bus might have operated in Caboolture Qld as a school bus

Comming from Eumundi just up the road might fit in

Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago #17196 by young1
ok cool ill do some research on that and see what i find,thanks for the reply

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #17197 by Sarge
Youngie, the photos are easy but you need to set up an album with photobucket or flickr etc.. dump your photos there then click on the image code (Ignore the copied sign that pops up) right click mouse and copy the image code then past it in your forum post and the picture will appear. :D

and well done to you and your dad

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds