Skip to main content

Things I Have Learnt

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #241160 by Lang
Things I Have Learnt was created by Lang
Things that I have learnt in my relationship:

1. She does not care what goes in and out of the toy box.

2. If the toy box needs feeding, the new tyres vs new curtains negotiations commence.

3. I always do well on a deal. Experience and fun have value.

4. She says "You always say you bought it cheaper than you did and say you sold it for more than you did". Don't argue although it is patently an exaggeration, no need to point out you made $5 profit on the chainsaw you sold in 2006.

5. Having something go wrong on long trips (about 80% average) adds to the fun. Note for beginners- if you manage to get through the first few years of roadside "adjustments" or even rescues while she sits calmly doing a crossword ignoring the foul language from under the vehicle things will get better. She will come prepared with books, crosswords. drinks and nibbles and so long as you don't ask her to push in the mud and rain it will become a totally expected development.

6. Try very hard to stop to let her go to markets selling homemade jewellry, alpaca wool scarves and $25 bottles containing 3 "organic" olives while you calmly hook into her crosswords, books and nibbles. Remember she has to put up with a whole weekend being bored S..tless at a vehicle show in return.

7. Never try to get her seriously interested in vehicles or anything to do with vehicles (other than maybe driving any "nice" ones, not trucks, you may own). It is a lost cause and leads to unrest. East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet. Run the girls to town, the botanic gardens or whatever to try to balance the weekend.

8. Often shows have a sausage sizzle or bbq the first night and dinner the second. It may be worth missing one feed in a noisy, cold showground shed and going to a restaurant with her or with one or two other couples

Just my thoughts.

Lang
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, IHScout, cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH, husky, asw120, V8Ian, PDU, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #241165 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Things I Have Learnt
Lots of good stuff in there, Lang.
I am currently negotiating a bribe.....
My argument that the curtains "aren't worn out" never washes :silly:

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #241173 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Things I Have Learnt
Jarrod

You answered your own question. Just help her wash the curtains back to "as new". Put the faded ones in the spare room and Bob's your uncle.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
1 year 6 months ago #241174 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Things I Have Learnt
Of course you realise there is an old axiom regarding women;
" The only bloke who fully understood a woman......
Was a liar, anyway!"

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #241175 by Lang
You don't have to understand them just be able to jump or bridge the crevasses, without falling, for a smooth sled ride. Finding the narrow sections is always easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 6 months ago #241194 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Things I Have Learnt
Considering what I've been up to with my D Type acquisition I made no issue when my wife said she (that means me really) wanted to paint the kitchen white, other than making it clear this did not mean that I would paint the cupboards white also (I'm kinda partial to the 80's natural wood look ;)). There are limits to every capitulation made by man!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 6 months ago #241198 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Things I Have Learnt
Like PDU when Helen says "We" I know it really means "Me"

I'm smart enough (or is that cunning enough) to agree to Helen going on Woman only O/s holidays or lash out on her 3 dogs.

I figure it all comes back when I make a toy purchase as she knows she gets the better end of the deal and allows it. What good for the Goose is good for the Gander!

A few years ago she said no more cars! Then she promptly went out and purchased a VW Caddy to transport the dogs and she didn't get rid of her toy to do it. I'm yet to do the same but it's getting close.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #241200 by Lang
What do you need 2 VW Caddies for?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 year 6 months ago #241201 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Things I Have Learnt
I have found the best word a woman likes is “yes”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 6 months ago #241202 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Things I Have Learnt
Wen wimmen say no do they really mean yes

Ask her

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST