Skip to main content

peterbilts,then and now

More
12 years 2 months ago #76560 by 352rhd
just to show the members how a peterbilt has been modified to keep on earning over the years,from 63'64'65'66 to present or the end of its working life.i challenge you guys to chuck your 2 bob's worth in guys.hope we get 117 replies to this thread.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #76561 by 352rhd
Replied by 352rhd on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
18542,originally ron thompson 282,converted to bogey early daysstill around,buthothing like it was.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by 352rhd.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #76562 by 352rhd
22034,alltrans.1 of three 352 cabovers alltrans ran on the holden parts shuttlefrom pagewood to adelaide.871n powered@265 h.p,apparently they were poisonously slow.images william andrews new,no bullbar or a/c. with all the gear a large fleet truck was going to get beleive it or not,still worth restoring
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by 352rhd.

More
12 years 2 months ago #76563 by 352rhd
16748,acf shirleys feriilisers,220 cummins,r230 diffstill very original if you disregard the pusher axle.shame the all steel cab hasnt weathered.

More
12 years 2 months ago #76564 by 352rhd
17790,this 351a has been around inso many liveries,its not funny.originally ordered for mainline tpt,was one of 3 conventionals that came in with a bunk,sorry this is the only real early pic i got of this thing,unless someone's got something better.thanks to warren noakes/tony petch photos

More
12 years 2 months ago #76565 by dieselman
what a shame to see a classic cabover in the weeds. i know of the 2 6x6 peterbilts,one is still together and the other was heavily changed over the years. also one of the OD&E peterbilts is still very much original last sighting but not working,out in a yard. a classic truck.

More
12 years 2 months ago #76566 by 352rhd
17418,this 352st was one of 3 twin exhaust cabovers.all 871 powered,this one started life as a roadtrain truck for ted stiles.photo credits unknown. with bruce donaldson wentworthville

More
12 years 2 months ago #76567 by hoarder1
Love the Peterbilts, but I'm interested in the number plate on the Thames Trader in the last post. Bit hard to read, but it looks like 'S 446' on an NT plate. If that is correct, just wondering what type of plate it is. If I'm wrong, then what is it? :-/

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

More
12 years 2 months ago #76568 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
This is probably a DUMB question :'( or 2 ;)

But how many of these early Peterbilts came into the country??

How many are known to have survived??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

12 years 2 months ago #76569 by
Replied by on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
Hi B52, the photo # 6 came from another former Pete owners son.A classic pic for all to enjoy. ;)

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds