Skip to main content

1930's Reo Speed Wagon

More
11 years 3 months ago #104381 by rhnutter
I'm not sure this is the correct part of the 4um to post this, but here goes. I was picking up a laser cut part from an Engineer in a small, north central Victorian town. Always on the look out for rust, I noticed that the Engineers neighbor was a fellow Ruststorer; not willing to cause offence, I knocked on the door, introductions and willing permission saw me in the yard. So now I can share my find with you, enjoy. Sorry, didn't get the story, but it would be a good one, if only trucks would talk. Oh, BTW, I'm guessing on the age, 1930's, someone please correct me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #104382 by 67mustang
Rhnutter

What a great find, br a good project looks like most of it is there, must have spent a lot of time in dry area.

67mustang

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 3 months ago #104383 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 1930's Reo Speed Wagon
Gr8 find
Ifn eye'm aloud 2 guess outside the square
a lot of trucks from way back when
were imported as a poverty pack type truck
sum were refereed to az a Cab n Chassis
n the pix above could have been truck supplied with out cab as the doors look a little to plain to B Reo
so guess n the truck may have been imported as a powered chassis with front hood etc back to the cowl with possably a steering wheel n dash n pedals etc

ButWaddaEyeKno?

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 3 months ago #104384 by fageol100
RHNutter, thats a neat old Reo, it's a 1936 model. 1935 models had pretty much the same sheetmetal, but had different louvres on the bonnet sides. It looks to be all there too, good to see the grille is in the cab. Silver Crown Speed Wagons had Continental flathead 6, while Gold Crown was Reo's own GC flathead 6.-Hamish Petrie

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 3 months ago #104385 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: 1930's Reo Speed Wagon
here B a 1938 Reo Speed wagon
from front to start of cab looks much the same

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 3 months ago #104386 by fageol100
You're dead right there Swishy, it sure does look like the 1938 model. Must be 1937-1939 era, I think, not 1936, when I looked at the Truck Spotter's Guide, the 1936 model has a different grille and different bonnet louvres than this one.-Hamish Petrie

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #104387 by overnite
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by overnite.

More
11 years 3 months ago #104388 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 1930's Reo Speed Wagon
A bit off topic, but all the L models in this pic off the HAMB have a one piece windscreen.

More
11 years 3 months ago #104389 by fageol100

A bit off topic, but all the L models in this pic off the HAMB have a one piece windscreen.

Bigcam, these American L Lines have the Comfo Vision cab with a one piece screen, although I think this cab was available with a two piece screen. The Aussie AL Line trucks had a version of the Dodge Pilot House cab with a two piece screen. The last of the AR trucks and the AS series had the Dodge cab with a one piece screen.-Hamish Petrie

More
11 years 3 months ago #104390 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 1930's Reo Speed Wagon
There you go, I thought it was the same cab with a different windscreen.

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds