Skip to main content

and it is a ?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180052 by Gryphon
and it is a ? was created by Gryphon
Hi,

anyone recognise what this might be. Acquired along with some other old vehicle stuff but don't want to scrap it if it might be of use to someone or of value. There is no top panel and it look like some sort of two speed box. Gears turn freely enough, just rusty on the exposed side.

Terry

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180054 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic and it is a ?
Terry
Looks very Dodgie to me with the long input shaft and the handbrake brackets.

Would be a 3 or 4 speed constant mesh (second shaft under the top one spins all the time and the top gears pick up various gears on that to give you your ratios.
Lang

More
7 years 2 months ago #180055 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic and it is a ?
Looks like it is a 3 speed for a light Dodge truck.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 2 months ago #180056 by tim
Replied by tim on topic and it is a ?
Terry, the brand on the side of the box, Looks like a gear with a letter inside of it, I think that is the "New Process" logo. But as always ISTBC. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 2 months ago #180057 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic and it is a ?

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 2 months ago #180059 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic and it is a ?
That was a stroke of luck Terry, seems they are worth big bucks Stateside. :woohoo:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180080 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic and it is a ?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

That was a stroke of luck Terry, seems they are worth big bucks Stateside. :woohoo:

If you go by Swishy's advert it is, but another one I found in much better looking condition and a lot more history known is only asking US$185. :(

I did find this description of the unit.

Manual New Process Selective Sliding Gear Column Shift 3-Speed Transmission Assembly for a 1948-1968 Dodge Light-Duty Pickup Truck, 1948-1968 Dodge Commercial Station Wagon, 1948-1968 Dodge Panel Delivery, 1948-1968 Chrysler Cars, 1948-1968 Dodge Cars and 1948-1968 Plymouth Cars All Production Models Equipped with the New Process Manual Selective Sliding Gear Column Shift 3-Speed Transmission. This transmission can be identified by an overall case length of 8-1/2" and a casting number of #C-39701.

Terry

More
7 years 2 months ago #180092 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic and it is a ?
Pretty sure New Process is a Chrysler subsidiary. All their 4x4 products (plus many other car makers) have New Process transfer cases and probably the same with gearboxes.

Lang

More
7 years 2 months ago #180094 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic and it is a ?
WAS a Chrysler subsidiary, been out of business for quite some time now. New Process morphed into New Venture Gear, when Chrysler got into bed with G.M.(only for the gear division), were making transfer cases and transmissions up until just recently.
Think that bloke was being a tad optimistic with his prices for a 3 speed transmission, most blokes (except for the rivet counters) turfed them out and went to the later 4 speed NP435 which had synchro on 2nd,3rd,and 4th, plus the deep granny gear on first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #180105 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic and it is a ?
Well we seem to have that puzzle sorted, just need a buyer and a market value. :(
Southbound has a new And it is a?

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by hayseed. Reason: inserted Pic

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds