Skip to main content

Possible Virus in some topics

More
10 years 10 months ago #120824 by oldfulla
Sorry Admin - but i dont know were else to put this message.

I am having trouble with 2 messsages/entries on the forum. The 42 Blitz thread in this section - and one about Classy Dodges in the Restoration section.

Both threads allow me to view them - but then freeze my comp. At that time a suspicious looking message appeares in the bottom corner of the screen where it tells you whats happening. EG: opening XXXXX.

It does not occur anywhere else that i have come across.

The only way i can escape the threads is to Cont Alt Delete and close the net.

The dodgy wording of what is trying to load, how it occurs EVERY time I access those 2, and the fact it freezes my machine suggest something is not right (to my reading anyway).

Oldfulla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #120825 by
Replied by on topic Re: Possible Virus in some topics
Oldfulla,

Would have been better to put this in the FAQ area (will move it after I finish this reply) as this isn't a post about historic Trucks!

Anyway I have tried the 42 Blitz thread and have had no issues personally. Will check the classy dodge post also in a couple of moments.

But I doubt that the forum itself would be causing any issues on your machine.

Without knowing a lot about your computer environment I can't really guess as to the issue. But I would totally recommend that run a virus checker over your machine as well as make sure that you have a firewall installed on your machine (or go and get one if you don't have either (I use Norton's at home and AVG at work)).

The other thing could be that those pages have been cached (temporarily stored on your machine) and the cached version wasn't completely stored. In which case you should clear out your cache. Difficult for me to tell you on how to do this again without knowing your environment. Try a full shutdown and restart of your machine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds