Skip to main content

Resource Limit Is Reached

More
9 years 11 months ago #132434 by dieseldog
Yep, me too. Some days its bad and comes up every time I click on a link. But no sooner do I have trouble, it goes away just as fast.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #132435 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Resource Limit Is Reached
Anyone else been getting this message again. I've had it a few times over the last week.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 6 months ago #132436 by Swishy
YUP

just wait a few minutes n then all OK

Me wunderz

did they do the upgrade a few months back?

or

did it all end in tearz

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 6 months ago #132437 by geoffb

More
9 years 6 months ago #132438 by Beaver
These comments come up on many similar forums, so not confined to this one.

No one seems to be sure what causes it, but probably an issue with too many people trying to access the servers (which may host many forums) at the same time.

As has been mentioned, all you can do is wait a few minutes and try again.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 6 months ago #132439 by Rusty Engines
I originally started this post 'Resource Limit Is Reached' and since then have not see it BUT BUT the last week or two getting it all the time. The other forums I'm on I have not seen it, but they are don't have the heavy use of this one
Ian

More
9 years 3 months ago #132440 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Resource Limit Is Reached
In the 'Can we have a general discussion about the forum' thread. Slospeed asked why are we still having occasional access issues given we have more space.

To give an analogy we have moved from a private compartment on a train to a private carriage on a train with a more powerful locomotive. The train and locomotive are shared with other people and the tracks are shared with other trains. Does that make sense?

Now if the private compartment/carriage was our space, the locomotive is the server or computer that runs the site and the tracks are the Internet connections then you can see we are sharing the server and Internet connections with other sites.

The train and tracks (server and Internet connections) are the responsibility of the service provider (railway company or hosting company) and they are contractually obliged to maintain a minimum level of service.

There's always the risk that if multiple sites get busy at once that leads to overcrowding or congestion. The service provider is meant to be monitoring this and moving sites around between servers (trains) to alleviate the issues.

Does that help people understand?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 3 months ago #132441 by werkhorse
So basically we need to kick the train controllers A#$ for these problems ;) ::) :P ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 3 months ago #132442 by Swishy
Dunno why they lokd D other thread
'Can we have a Discussion About the forum'
on other 4mz there aint been no 4m info n posts copied across 2 new setups easily
the only successful way to do the transition is
is setup new 4m from scratch with plenty of memory
use the new 4m n lock this ol one down make it readable only n try to copy thiz ol 4m posts n info across n if it dun werk...least u stihl have this info on this ol 4m
but we do need a good search engine n a button to show all posts since last visit

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

9 years 3 months ago #132443 by
Replied by on topic Re: Resource Limit Is Reached
Bruce thanks for answering the question but I am still shaking my head as to WHY the topic where this should have been was locked. Everyone was playing nice we where slowly getting some fantastic responses to some of the major problems and all we ended up with was being cut off.
Unlock the other thread so we can continue to discuss the best way forward.

Swishy
I agree if this software cannot become user friendly then a big decision needs to be taken on replacing it with more modern up to date easy to post pictures easy to search. But from the lack of positive response from the Administrators that aint gunna happen any time soon.

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds