Skip to main content

uploading a word document

More
2 years 1 month ago #233161 by Mrsmackpaul
Can I upload a word document or a pdf direct to the forum ???
As some times I get things that are related that I think a lot of people might enjoy reading but are quite lengthy to copy past etc and this way it keeps the integrity of the original writer

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #233162 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic uploading a word document
Paul,

at the moment Word docs are no and PDF's, Zips' and Txt files up to a size of 3BM are able to be attached by Administrators, but that could be extended to a chosen few. :) The Mods can have a chat about it and see what options we can come up with.

We can shrink most images automagically so they can be very efficient, but attachments like .doc's and .pdf's tend to be large and we are nearing the limit of the account, including back up files, which is an old hosting plan that works in our favour technically and financially. When we run out of space or we are forced to move to a new plan/server then uploading larger attachments might be more readily available to Members on here. There is a security risk with .docs and the older flash based slideshow files that were popular in that if they are not scanned properly before they are uploaded they could infect other users viewing them and or impact the reputation of the site if it gets flagged as having malware files hosted.

For the moment if you want a .doc/.docx attached you will need to save it as a .pdf first. Send the .pdf to forum@hcvc.com.au, create the post with whatever text and someone can attach it to the post for you.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

More
2 years 1 month ago #233165 by Mrsmackpaul
Thanks for that Terry

I know many years Chocs and a few others used to load Word documents up

If I get time and enough enthusiasm I might have ago at copying and pasting the story and putting the photos in the proper spot

Paul

More
2 years 1 month ago #233168 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic uploading a word document
Pauil

I have found a screen shot closely cropped works nearly as good as an original Word.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 1 month ago #233169 by Mrsmackpaul
I could do that but I need about 60 screen shots for this one, good Idea though Lang

I can copy and paste writing off a Word document or a pdf but not the photos
Im conscious of trying to give the original writers and contributors to this article the full credit of it

I have never met them and never will be ause they are on the other side of the world

Will see how I go

Paul

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds