Skip to main content

Windscreen rubber

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
7 years 5 months ago #176637 by Anonymous
Windscreen rubber was created by Anonymous
Hello, I have a 1946 Dodge Fargo Ute and about to get a new paint job. The spray painter is apprehensive about removing the wind screen rubber incase it gets damaged. Are these being reproduced or does anyone know if you are able to use a substitute rubber?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #176645 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Windscreen rubber
You should be able to get a section close to original. There are a number of auto rubber shops, most of whom sell the same stuff. so who you go to depends on where you are. Spectrum and others do an on line catalogue. Put a picture up so we can be sure of the model in question.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #176649 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Windscreen rubber
Spectrum no longer exists.

It now trades as MVR Industrial, in Penrith
www.mvrindustrial.com.au/

What used to be Peter Jacksons is now Ole-Era Services
www.oldera.com.au/
and I think they make most of this stuff that other outlets sell

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Beaver.

More
7 years 5 months ago #176667 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Windscreen rubber
I've sourced stuff from these guys before.

www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

More
7 years 5 months ago #176815 by Rob W
Replied by Rob W on topic Windscreen rubber
A few years ago I purchased the windscreen rubber & rear glass for my '37 Dodge from Clarke Rubber try them if they're still about.

Dodge AT4-7D Series Model 775, 1971 VH Valiant Ute,

More
7 years 5 months ago #176973 by S Burns
Replied by S Burns on topic Windscreen rubber
Beaver - I tried Spectrum Rubber at Penrith - couldn't get through on the number on their website and when I went there the guy who came out wasn't real sure what was going on???

Give Pete at Old Era Services a try or Scott at Scott's Old Auto Rubber both very helpful

More
7 years 4 months ago #177334 by spinnerboy
Replied by spinnerboy on topic Windscreen rubber
That old Spectrum now MVR or whatever they are, total waste of space, guy there jerked me around for months on some bailey channel. Pathetic knowledge & service, don't shop there.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177347 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Windscreen rubber

S Burns wrote: Beaver - I tried Spectrum Rubber at Penrith - couldn't get through on the number on their website and when I went there the guy who came out wasn't real sure what was going on???

Give Pete at Old Era Services a try or Scott at Scott's Old Auto Rubber both very helpful

They are just across the road from us, so have been able to go over and personally order stuff.

A few months ago there was a married couple running the show, and seemed to know what they were doing and selling. We ordered some Bailey channel too; said they had to order it in, so we paid a deposit and they said two weeks for delivery. At start of second week, got a phone call saying it would be arriving on the Friday. Went back on the following Monday, that duimb guy was there, had no idea and couldn't find anything. Said he would have a look around amd let us know. One week later,. nothing; same the next week. When we started to get stroppy he gave us Peter Jackson's phone number (OLd Era) and told us to order it from there. Which we did, and got our deposit back.

When I asked him about the phone number (which is not a local Penrith number), he said it was a Skype number, bujt there was some problem with their internet connection.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
7 years 4 months ago #177357 by Desotodav
Replied by Desotodav on topic Windscreen rubber
I had a mate who got jerked around by MVR in Penrith searching for body mounts for his Desoto Diplomat ute. I ended up ordering them for him from Andy Bernbaum in USA and got them landed here in Oz before MVR even bothered to return my mate's numerous phone calls.

Try the following for Dodge truck window rubbers. I have bought rubbers for my Dodge trucks from them and only have had good dealings...
Restorers Hotline or Rubber Seals Australia www.netwarehouse.com.au/rsa.htm
Andrew Heywood
384 South Road
Richmond SA 5033
Ph. (08) 8354 0900 or (08) 8354 0777
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beaver

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds