Skip to main content

D5n ignition barrel

More
7 years 4 months ago #177957 by trucksyd
D5n ignition barrel was created by trucksyd
:) g'day , does anyone know an alternative ignition barrel available generic brand that will fit d5n 300 truck. Mine has clapped out & wont start,,It's 4 pin .....thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177960 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic D5n ignition barrel
Narva make a relacement ignition switch that will suit many common applications. In both screw on and push terminals. I bought one from either Repco or Bursons not all that long ago. Dave

More
7 years 4 months ago #177962 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic D5n ignition barrel
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationWorth a punt for 12 bucks.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177964 by trucksyd
Replied by trucksyd on topic D5n ignition barrel
:) thanks for your help gents, I rang the local parts store & they said bring the original ....the truck engine turns over but will not start .

More
7 years 4 months ago #177966 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic D5n ignition barrel
Pretty standard Pollack brand (IIRC). You can still get them.

You are certain it's the switch? I can't remember if they use the switch, or a spare contact on the starter solenoid to short out the ballast resistor for starting. (which has two resistors in it, I think one feeds the ignition unit, I forget, it's been a while)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 4 months ago #177973 by trucksyd
:( I'm not certain , but the switch is playing up , seems like the insides of the barrel is just about had it ...

More
7 years 4 months ago #177976 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic D5n ignition barrel
In any case, can't hurt. I've had all sorts of intermittent faults due to dodgy ignition switches.

Which reminds me, I need a new one for the ASW!

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 4 months ago #178002 by trucksyd
:blink: , i had to run a wire from the positive to the coil to start it , so it may have a problem with the ignition (ballast seems ok )...not sure about the module .but i suppose the module is working as its getting spark?....

More
7 years 4 months ago #178005 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic D5n ignition barrel
Bridge out the Ballast they can be deceiving

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 4 months ago #178204 by Aussiehooker
Replied by Aussiehooker on topic D5n ignition barrel
the bloke at bursons tells me that the original maker is in sydney and that is where they buy them from you can get the whole switch or just the barrel //barrel bieng the key part only [[[[[ complete switch with barrel includes the electric contacts // ashdown ingram are auto electric wholesalers [ in most major towns and cities ] can get ignition switches .. they can do almost any thing electric or air conditioning for cars and trucks hope it helps cheers don

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds