Skip to main content

A young bloke into old trucks

More
10 years 2 months ago #137970 by scratcha
I wonder if you want to be adopted? ;D

Welcome to the forum mate.

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #137971 by bparo

...i think i made a blue?? :-? ...is ady TheKenworthKid?...

I don't think so, Different email addresses, they login from different locations etc.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
10 years 2 months ago #137972 by Roderick Smith
In any technical hobby, it is always great to see the next generation come on board, and 16 is traditionally a magic age for teenagers. At least a learners permit at 16 now, licence at 18, but still more years to get hd for the collectibles or commercial. Aviation is 16 for ppl, but expensive to get the hours needed. Marine is good: 12 for restricted licence, 16 for unrestricted private (but 18 or 21 for commercial).
The two mentioned in this thread do have a third companion, who was written up in papers 2-3 years back. I am sure that the clipping is in an earlier thread. My memory may be faulty, but he is a tractor collector, and has at least five, based in Victoria (Winchelsea?).

Read the memories of so many posters to HCVC, and their driving exploits well before 18.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
10 years 1 month ago #137973 by PlayinK123
Great projects you've got there mate..

Correct me if i'm wrong but that yard looks alot like the one nearly opposite the shell roadhouse in Stawell, was a shame the day the tin fence went up round it.. Makes checking out the goodies much harder ;D ;D ;D

'78 K123 VT903&&1970 564D international

More
10 years 1 month ago #137974 by TheKenworthKid
Yep. Your right on the money there. ;D

1979 KW K123&&Inter R190 Single Drive x2&&Inter R190 Bogie Drive&&&&

More
10 years 1 month ago #137975 by binder
Adrian nice collection!!

the long wheel base r 190 with the aussie cab
may be rarer than you realise?? that engine is not a c180! its actually a jbs cummins - 2 valve head , intake and exhaust on the right hand side of the engine along with the supercharger . the hood is not original to the truck but if you can post a pic of the right side of the truck including the air cleaner I may be able to tell you who fitted that engine and when? it may have been me?? the fuel tank tells me
it started out as a 406 petrol

More
10 years 1 month ago #137976 by TheKenworthKid
G'day Binder

Here are some more photos of the Cummins..
Air cleaner is roughly sitting in place.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Hope this helps

1979 KW K123&&Inter R190 Single Drive x2&&Inter R190 Bogie Drive&&&&

More
10 years 1 month ago #137977 by melonreo
this is a good thing Adrian you don't see many early cummins engine around in old trucks , be good see these old girls running

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #137978 by binder
Adrian thankyou for the pics but they pose more questions??? than answers . I see the truck has shutters and a shutterstat valve in the thermostat housing so it started live with a jbs but should have had a oilbath aircleaner mounted to the cowel with a step in the rear of the mudguard , that aircleaner is a Donaldson af 252
and was standard on 2050 acco,s with 210 cummins
the precleaner is off a peterbilt with a nh 250 !!
the tin fuel tank has me puzzled as it should have had step tanks with the jbs??? but these trucks saw many mods in 50 plus years!!
j series engines were replaced by the c series in the early 60,s so you have a true servivor there!!!
sorry I cannot be of more help regarding its history
if I had to guess I would say 'mercury transport' ????

i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/werkhors...orse2/IMG_0020-2.jpg
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by binder.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds