Skip to main content

Re: FODEN

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #158781 by Giddy up Go
Replied by Giddy up Go on topic Re: FODEN
....'Cinders & ashes'....thought I'd put a couple of coins in me pewta 'n boot it up :D....only to discover that "overnight" "Overnite" ::) has for our viewing pleasure unearthed some more "PLODDEN FODDEN" gold.... :) Thank you Overnite. Hav'in trouble read'in the 'script' signage on the Razorback one,MAINLINERS?? Do know of 'MAINLINE'....Keep em com'in.... ;)

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158782 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: FODEN
Giddy up go, that's correct "Mainliners", and from memory, (approx. 57 years ago) the back Foden semi tipper was "Styles Blue Metal).

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158783 by Giddy up Go
....Thank you for the detail Overnite'was wonder'in bout the 'Styles' wagon. Perhaps both of em com'in in after loading at St.Marys...? My Grandfather had a bogie rigid 'FG' FODEN carting for A.B.M at the time....Did you take these pics...? Did you ever have the "pleasure" of steering (standing up using both arms & ya foot up against the door pillar!) one....? :D Terrific history....beginning to think you got a soft spot for these "ledgendary" 'ol rigs...? Perfectly understandable ol chap.... :) P.S- ELWORTH,time for you to pic up the 'mic' & tell us bout the above pictured ABM Foden,that be a little different...? Tally-ho... ;)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #158784 by overnite
Giddy
When I took all of my truck pics , I was between 11 and 15, I think, and getting everywhere on a pushbike taking pictures of all the trucks that I liked, and some because they were unusual, so I never had the "luxury" of trying to steer a Foden with Armstrong steering, although a few early Knockers I drove, were nothing to write home to mum about, (likewise the steering on the very early ghosts, before Sureguides) Thankfully after the Knockers I always had good gear, for the era. The pic of the two Fodens was taken while the drivers were having morning tea. Imagine trying to park two semi trailers in that spot nowadays at 10 am.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by overnite.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158785 by Giddy up Go
....Splendid detail 'Overnite', you did well riding your 'Malvern Star' down to 'Razorback' & back to Parramatta with a 'box brownie around ya neck....home late for tea that night mate ;D....OK,after that confession re photos,I'll say what everyone else is thinking....pull that shoebox back out from your closet & lets have a bo-peep...please ;) Cheers...

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158786 by Elworth
Replied by Elworth on topic Re: FODEN
Hi Giddy, re the odd cab on the ABM Foden? It looks like a Boalloy cab which a lot of the smaller pommie truck makers used. Foden did use boalloy cabs on some of their smaller models in the UK. I have put some feelers out so wait and see. It could just have been re cabbed. And as you say more Foden pics please.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158787 by overnite

....Splendid detail 'Overnite', you did well riding your 'Malvern Star' down to 'Razorback' & back to Parramatta with a 'box brownie around ya neck....home late for tea that night mate ;D....OK,after that confession re photos,I'll say what everyone else is thinking....pull that shoebox back out from your closet & lets have a bo-peep...please ;) Cheers...

Sorry, I didn't ride my Malvern Star to razorback, that pic and some others were taken on holidays with my parents, ( a very patient Mum and Dad who would gladly stop when I wanted to take photos). Although most were taken around Mays Hill and surrounding suburbs.

Do you know what this one is?

[IMG

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158788 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: FODEN
FUZO

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #158789 by overnite
Almost Swishy, the actual badging was Fuso Hurricane, with a S not a Z. Later to become Mitsubishi.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by overnite.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #158790 by Giddy up Go
....G'day Overnite'cool pic thank you,glad Swishy chimed in with an answer on that one...loves his Kenworths & Fuso's... ;).Where was it taken? Tidy looking outfit,like the 'strap' trailer & '6ft'(?) gates...mate you were a talented bicycle rider..."box brownie round ya neck & a bucket of 'diesel' on the handlebars... ;D You've started something now'don't stop...P.S- anyone else spot the 'shadowy' image of the driver (white singlet) sitt'in down in the gutter in front of the ABM FODEN Reply No.10? Rogerover....

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds