Skip to main content

Historic truck friendly Clubs

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #187142 by Gryphon
Hi,

I am looking to put together a page on the HCVC web site of links to Historic/Vintage Truck friendly clubs around Australia. Preferably those primarily interested in Commercial vehicles, but will consider including other more regional all type clubs if they fit my evolving criteria.

You can post up any suggestions/recommendation in this thread.

I just need the name of the club, a link to their website and if you know that they provide authorisation for Historic/Club Registration and if you would like to add a few comments that would be good.

Terry
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Gryphon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #187158 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Historic truck friendly Clubs
Gawler Veteran Vintage and Classic Vehicle Club in South Australia caters to a variety of manufacturers, not a one marque club like many others.

Typing in Gawler Car Club on Google will get you there B)
Next run is October long weekend to Jamestown, in my Triumph - not the truck yet! (aiming for Austins over Australia next year???) :dry:

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by PDU.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187159 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Historic truck friendly Clubs
:unsure: The SA branch of the HCVCA may be surprised to hear that the HCVCA does not have a branch in SA ... ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
6 years 7 months ago #187168 by PDU
Opps, sorry Eddy, wasn't attempting to poach potential members :blush:

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #187172 by Gryphon

Eddy wrote: :unsure: The SA branch of the HCVCA may be surprised to hear that the HCVCA does not have a branch in SA ... ...

I have updated my original post to make it a bit clearer, I hope, as I am not excluding clubs such as AHTS just because the HCVC is based in Victoria.

Opps, sorry Eddy, wasn't attempting to poach potential members :blush:

It is not really about poaching members or not, just providing a simple reference for people to see what is available where and find a club or group that suits them. It may encourage people to start a HCVCA branch near them if there is the interest or demand.

Terry
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Gryphon.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187188 by wee-allis
Moruya Antique Tractor and Machinery Association accept trucks of all description. They range from a '28 Chev ute, Atkinson, Inters through to the Cleary Brothers Kenworth featured in the recent Historic Truck magazine, all of which are on Historic rego. The more the merrier as they say in the classics.

Web address: www.MATAMA.weebly.com
Steve.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187189 by Beaver
Each state registration authority should have a list of approved car clubs, with contact addresses

eg NSW: www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/regis...ic-vehicle-clubs.pdf

Most clubs that are not marque specific will usually accept commercials if you want to attend local meetings/events.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
6 years 7 months ago #187194 by asw120
PDU, how many carbies on that? I had hell trying to tune a 2500 for a mate a few years ago with two.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #187679 by PDU
3 Stromberg 150CD s, similar to those used on the GTR XU1 Torana. No big deal really, but not necessarily fine tuned. :whistle:

Had the idle screw drop out the bottom of one once - instant petrol drain straight down onto the exhaust! A wee bit alarming at the time. :dry:

Virtually untouched, over the last year or so, ultra reliable and surprisingly frugal considering the "spirited" manner the (now) aging 2 litre gets driven at. B)
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by PDU.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187683 by asw120
I never could get those things in proper tune on a tired engine. Too lean when cold, too rich when hot. I even tried gear oil in the dashpots! (was drivable then)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds