Skip to main content

Toecutter vs Kenworth - Where is the truck.

More
4 years 2 months ago #207324 by Gryphon
Hi,

I saw the original Mad Max on the box last night and towards the end the Toecutter rides his bike into a Kenworth. A little bit of searching and I found this page, madmax.fandom.com/wiki/Kenworth_K-124 , which gives some details of the truck but it has left me wondering if the anyone knows of the ex-police officer and what might have happened to the truck.

I also went for a bit of random searching through Overlands old photo thread to see if he might have snapped a picture of the truck back in it day but didn't find anythng on the pages I looked at.

Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #207334 by Zuffen
I heard all the vehicles in the movie were crushed as wherever the movie was made had huge import taxes if they sold them and they weren't worth bringing back to Oz.

So crush them.

Besides it was only a Kenworth not anything valuable or useful.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Zuffen.

More
4 years 2 months ago #207337 by Gryphon
Hi,

The Original Mad Max was made around Melbourne and according to the article in the link I found it was a working truck they borrowed for the day.

Mad Max 4, Fury Road was the only one made outside of Australia, South Africa I think. Mad Max two was around Broken Hill(Silverton and Menindee) and Mad Max 3 was Cober Pedy and the Breakaways.

Terry

More
4 years 2 months ago #207343 by cobbadog
One of the vehicles from the movie ended being stored an a family members farm out near Wallacia, the movie people also hired the big winnebago off them for the term of the movie making. I have no idea what the vehicle was or even if it is still there but yep Mad Max was shot here in Oz.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 2 months ago #207364 by overlander
Terry, I had a scroll through the pages- p8 there is one of MT's trucks taken at Border Village in74 or 75, another below that photo is of his 12v71 taken in 74, another on p32 and another on p40 taken outside the Truro Hotel in 72, maybe 73. That would be the total of MT's cabovers I took in my youth.

More
4 years 2 months ago #207372 by Gryphon
Peter,

I reckon the MT truck you snapped on page 32 is the same truck as used in Mad Max. Comparing the pictures it has the same configuration of lights on the bar, mudflaps, roof accessories, paint colour and the messed up looking paint across the bottom of the bull bar and the rego plate looks like it has the same numbers.

Terry

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/13937

, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/OldTruck/16820-ove...tos?start=310#202953 ,
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
4 years 2 months ago #207374 by werkhorse
Mick Travlos fleet no. 18 was the truck in the movie

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
4 years 2 months ago #207375 by Gryphon
Hi,

the Fleet number 18 is mentioned in the original link to the Mad Max fan site.

This picture from the same site shows the truck after it was repainted but it also lost the roof spoiler and the inlet and exhaust pipes got changed as well.

Terry
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #207376 by werkhorse
A few of those Travlos trucks got turfed over the years... I have a rather large file on the fleet... They had a lot of changes after being turfed

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by werkhorse.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #207413 by Rattail 1927
If you look at the truck just as it’s about to crash it’s a different truck, and the truck is as a cardboard cutout , play it ten times or more and you can see it....the other scenes obviously are real , I wonder what was behind it...
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927.

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds