Skip to main content

Toecutter vs Kenworth - Where is the truck.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #207415 by Gryphon

Rattail 1927 wrote: If you look at the truck just as it’s about to crash it’s a different truck, and the truck is as a cardboard cutout , play it ten times or more and you can see it....the other scenes obviously are real , I wonder what was behind it...

That is mentioned in the link in the first post I think.

"Because the truck was rented it could not be damaged during filming, therefore a metal plate was installed on the cow catcher and painted to resemble the front of the truck - this fake front panel is clearly visible in the movie."

In this photo you can see the bit in question,

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/roadwarrior/images/9/9e/Stunt.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171022102202

Terry
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by hayseed. Reason: added image wrappers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #207417 by grumpy
I was working for Mick back in 1976/77 when this Mad Max film was shot.
The location was out near Diggers Rest. Mick drove the truck himself. The first part of the shoot was the truck heading down the road. Then they fitted a crash board to the bulbar, to shoot the scene when it hit the motor cycle.
The motor cycle was a mock up that seemed to explode on impact.
It is the same truck in both shoots. From memory it was fleet number 12 (He had fleet numbers 1 to 15 at that stage, 10 cabovers and 3 SAR's).
The whole shoot was done in 2 takes and took about 90 minutes from start to finish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds