Skip to main content

Our farmers need our help!!!

More
10 years 2 months ago #136932 by Trackhappy
I was watching a news story last night. Farmers are killing their cattle because they can't feed them, and one farmer has committed suicide because of the stress of shooting his beloved animals.
This site needs donations to supply feed, help, money, diesel, and even trucks to help them out.

www.buyabale.com.au

Sunshine Coast&&Queensland

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #136933 by Acar DC7564
Thanks for putting that up here Trackhappy , I heard that story on Maccas show last Sunday and I was deeply disturbed at what I heard and I haven't waisted any time getting my wallet out after I clicked on the buy a bale link .Lets see what we can do for these people to get them through this extremely difficult time . Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
10 years 2 months ago #136934 by Trackhappy
Thanks Rob. That's the spirit. One thing that interested me was the other options for help, one being register your truck. Wondered if the group might find some way to help there.
:)

Sunshine Coast&&Queensland

More
10 years 2 months ago #136935 by Nr Mack
I registered my truck, so we will see what happens from there

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #136936 by elgindale
The truth of it is that the depressed sale prices of stock make things a lot worse as farmers are only going to get a big bill after mustering and transporting animals to the saleyards.It takes massive amounts of hay to keep even a small herd fed and once your water has run out thats IT. A lot of drought declared farmers are not getting financial help because they are considered unviable as they will have no income for to long after .The buy a bale idea is really good as it will give farmers some hope and the knowledge that people do care and hopefully the assistance they need.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by elgindale.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds