Skip to main content

Fairy Meadows Road Pakistan

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #248957 by Lang
I would love to drive this one. Put it on Full Screen but don't watch if you get vertigo.

Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, V8Ian, PDU, lemmiwinks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248963 by lemmiwinks
I suppose when you meet someone coming the other direction, one of you backs up to a "wide" bit so you can pass.  Kudos to the blokes who built that road (and the bridge, even though he wasn't game to take it ha ha).

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #248971 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Fairy Meadows Road Pakistan
When I was working for UN in Bhutan there were lots of roads like this right up to the Tibet border.

As you can see the surface is pretty unstable and there is usually a bulldozer working somewhere along the way to keep the road open after the continuous rock falls. It is not uncommon to have to sit for a couple of hours while the dozer and a cast of thousands with picks and shovels with very casually used explosives clear a path from a larger slip.

Nobody in a vehicle would think to get out to move a rock unless it makes progress impossible, they just hang over the edge with half a tyre in space to get around. Unsurprisingly there are regular incidents of vehicles disappearing into space with their hapless passengers on their last journey.

Here is building an easy road

Just talk among yourselves until we get this sorted.

And some freestyle cutting

And if you have time this is a very interesting documentary about a drive in the HunzaValley.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, wee-allis, lemmiwinks

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds