Skip to main content

SAR Kenworth

More
9 years 5 months ago #150823 by jms52
SAR Kenworth was created by jms52
A friend of mine is the west has a early model sar kenworth which is single axle drive. We thought it was originally a comet overnight doing perth to kununurra but thanks to some help from Swishy and jimbo 51 we found out if was first a dual axle drive day cab for Roccisano. So here are the photos of the two models and the truck as it is now

My mate has now got hold of another Kenworth and i being a sucker for punishment have researched this truck and found it was one of Doyles Transport doing east west for TNT. Thanks to jimbo and werkhorse we now have a couple of photos of what the orginal truck looked like and it was one of the crazyest trucks on the road in the late 70's. Its is a long way off being made into a model but id have played around with the cab and the roof kit.

As it is now

What is was

As you can see it is a strange rook kit ( Windjammer they were called looks like a sprint car top with an extended sunvisor sticking out the front.

This is my first effort of scratch building the rook kit

Im not sure if i have it right or not any comments would be greatly appreciated .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #150824 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: SAR Kenworth
Great stuff Jim ... I found one more photo I'll send tonight ;) there must have been a few of them as this next photo shows fleet number 17 :-?

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #150825 by
Replied by on topic Re: SAR Kenworth
....don't you just love that inboard roof mount air intake 8-) 8-) 8-)....she would look extra cool with a big Kysor in the middle as well....

More
9 years 5 months ago #150826 by SIRO CONVOY
Replied by SIRO CONVOY on topic Re: SAR Kenworth
Looking good

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds