Skip to main content

Price of trucks will raise

• Topic Author
15 years 10 months ago #2195 by
Price of trucks will raise

Truck majors like Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland are going for a price hike, third since January, they are learnt to have resisted any price hike from component players that supply tipper and body parts to the commercial vehicle makers.

Truck have been under pressure for the last few months, especially the higher tonnage vehicles, such as concrete mixture , Tipper , trailer , tractor , tank etc. The last two months (April and May) saw light commercial vehicles grow by 9%, while the medium and heavy CVs (passenger carriers) fall by 5%.

Lack of finance and high interest rates have seen many fleet operators postpone purchases, sources said. They indicated that truck manufacturers are being forced to cut production or maintain flexibility in the manufacturing line, so that inventory pile-up does not take place.

Indications are that truck across the country have been asked to pick up stocks before the price increase takes place. Sources indicate the steel component suppliers, who provide tipper and bus body parts to the truck manufacturers, are being forced to sell at the earlier contracted rates of around Rs 36,000 a tonne, even as they buy steel at Rs 48,000 a tonne, the current market price.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #2196 by Andy Wright

The rates are expected to go up further as Australian iron ore firms have forced Chinese steel mills to revise the earlier contracted price hike of 67%, due to higher shipping freights. NMDC, the state-owned iron ore company, is also expected to hike rates soon. Sources say steel prices are likely to go up to Rs 56,000- Rs 58,000 a tonne soon. So the price of dumper and the tank trucks will also raise.

Both BHP and Rio Tinto managed to get about a 100% increase in their contract prices!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 10 months ago #2197 by Swishy
Andy
GuddayM8

Me thinks he got U!
Hook, line n sinker

LOL

tiz just a spam to promote n buy hiz crappy chinkanese trucks
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 10 months ago #2198 by Swishy
Whoopz

Make th@
SHE
got U
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #2199 by Andy Wright
Swishy, yeah I know it's promoting Chinese trucks as it's a similar post to the other Chinese one by the same poster. But it's interesting all the same and we'll most likely see some similar effects here.

I will ban this user if you guys reckon it's the way to go.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by Andy Wright.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds