More
10 years 8 months ago #121267 by classic truckin
Belarus 7000 that sold down here:

[IMG

If time and money were plentiful

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #121268 by FatBob103

Life is to short to drink cheap wine.  On the other hand I plan to live forever - So far so goo

More
10 years 8 months ago #121269 by Tacho
G'day Classic Trucking, that tractor behind the Belarus in your pic looks like it could be a Case 2470. In Swishy speak, "wot say u" Cheers

More
10 years 8 months ago #121270 by classic truckin
G'day Tacho

I'm afraid I am not as proficient in Case models as the green and yellow kind, esp when they are painted yellow over top of the stickers! One of the four wheel steer jobs, about 160hp i think?

If time and money were plentiful

More
10 years 8 months ago #121271 by kenny-mopar
i notice the little belarus has a aftermarket roll bar "ROPS".. they definatly need rops as the cab in mine was about as strong as wet toilet paper

More
10 years 8 months ago #121272 by DragonWagon
Agreed, heaps of steel everywhere except where you need it as protection for the drivers. Must have been imported pre ROPS legislation. Incredibly puny built cab in my view and was the major reason why I run MF or JD at much greater cost.

More
10 years 8 months ago #121273 by kenny-mopar
i was dropping a nugget whenever i had to drive it onto a low loader .. as being 2.85m wide only just over half of the tyre width was on the trailer .. a inch too far could see you 6ft under esp with the wet toilet paper strength of the cab

More
10 years 8 months ago #121274 by norcoast
Thanks for everyone's input and experience.
After thinking on the lack of Belarus parts, and maneuverability in the olive grove, I ended up buying a Massey Ferguson 1155 (Perkins V8) at a farm clearance sale.
There where 2 MF 1155's at auction, one with only a drawbar and no TPL went for $3,200, unfortunately I got into a bidding war for the other MF which had the TPL and I ended up paying my maximum limit of $7,800.

On the plus side tho it only has 5,700 Hrs and is in excellent mechanical condition, even the A/C works !
Tyres are a bit ordinary tho, and it will be getting a re-paint.

It sure does sound nice with a deep V8 rumble and, the main reason i bought it, weighing in at 6.7 tonnes it drags my olive harvester where i want it to go, not where it thinks it wants to go.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #169436 by Nr Mack
are the 7010 still there?
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Nr Mack.

More
8 years 1 week ago #169444 by hayseed
Nr Mack, Yours is the First post in this thread since August 2013!!
& some of these Blokes haven't logged in for some Time.
Your best (or only) chanch would be to send them a PM & hope they get email notifications of their PMs..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds