Skip to main content

BLAW KNOX

10 years 1 month ago #137638 by
Replied by on topic Re: BLAW KNOX
...she looks nice '56 .. well worth the effort to get her back into shape i reckon.....cheers and thanks for the piccy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #137639 by elgindale
Replied by elgindale on topic Re: BLAW KNOX

This one was at a clearing sale near Millmerran about 15 months ago I think it sold for about $3000

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #137640 by 56 AS 130
Replied by 56 AS 130 on topic Re: BLAW KNOX

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #137641 by 56 AS 130
Went out Friday and got a couple more pics. Still yet to get it going. Recon it will be easy to get it running. Anyone know anything about NORTON TOOTING?

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #137642 by 56 AS 130
Sorry TOOTILL!!

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #137643 by hoarder1
Replied by hoarder1 on topic Re: BLAW KNOX
At least 250 searchable references to them on the digitised newspaper website Trove. Earliest reference 1945, latest 1955, mainly in respect to tenders for machinery to councils. Search deep enough there are probably advertisements from them also. What is it you wanted to know?

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #137644 by 56 AS 130
I just never heard of them and I did the google thing. Just thought someone might know more than I have found. Was wondering what happened to them. If they were bought out and by who or what?

More
9 years 11 months ago #137645 by 56 AS 130
For anyone that cares. I went out today and got the old girl going. Didn't take to much, the engine was a little stuck. But when we got that sorted it fired right up.

More
9 years 11 months ago #137646 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: BLAW KNOX
Well done. Is there any other work needed on the motor and drivetrain?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 11 months ago #137647 by 56 AS 130
Couple of water leaks. Nothing major, it's got a new radiator in it (well newish anyway considering it's been sitting for 8 years) Couple of little oil leaks, the little gearbox down on the a frame for turning the circle, it's mount has been broken off. But apart from that not much wrong win it. We had to pull start it as the starter needs a little work (the mighty hilux was a good starter motor, even if it did take a bit to get moving). I did a little grading on the road into the homestead. Not to much didn't want to make a mess. Lol. ;D

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds