Skip to main content

td14 injector pump

More
10 years 2 months ago #138830 by barbwire
td14 injector pump was created by barbwire
G' day all , looking for an injector pump for a 1954 TD 14 A. Any ideas where I might get one ? Regards, Gary.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138831 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: td14 injector pump
Gary, can I ask what's wrong with the old one?

More
10 years 2 months ago #138832 by barbwire
Replied by barbwire on topic Re: td14 injector pump
G' day diesel, haven't pulled it off the machine yet, took the front coveroff to check the timing and there is a lot play in the pump shaft . The motor is running rough and blowing intermittent blue smoke, so I am guessing that the timing is altering because of the slop in the shaft , but I am open to any other idea's. I will pull the pump off over the weekend and see what the damage is , regards, Gary.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138833 by dieseldog
Gary, where is the slop? Is it backlash between the gears or radial movement of the shaft? Intermittent blue smoke sounds like a misfire. It may be obvious, but what are the fuel filters like?

I would try putting in some new injection nozzles. Cheaper and easier than an injection pump. If they aren't the problem, your best bet is to get the pump rebuilt. IIRC it should be an American Bosch pump, and new parts are more than likely available for it.

If it turns out the timing is out, you can try to adjust the pump, but it won't really solve much in the long run. You could be up for new, well, better gears and that could hurt the pocket. Regards DD.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138834 by barbwire
G'day diesel, the slop is radial play in shaft , gears are good, have been over the fuel system from tank to pump and all good. Pressure gauge on pump is reading 60 psi. which is good according to the book, so will have better idea when I get the pump off. Machine has been running good ,this problem came about without any warning like gradual loss of power or overheating etc. Regards Gary.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138835 by dieseldog
Yeah, that sounds like the IP's camshaft bearings have failed. I changed some bearings in a CAV inline pump once. It wasn't too hard, I just needed three hands.

More
10 years 2 months ago #138836 by barbwire
Pulled sideplate off and there is a bit of white metal particles floating around in there so it's a fair bet it's the bearings , will post it up on here when I get the time to pull the pump off and have a proper look. Gary.

More
10 years 1 month ago #138837 by barbwire
Update on pump- needle roller bearing that runs on bottom shaft in the pump and activates the plunger pump has collapsed. No damage to any other internals and looks like all seals and bearings are available from cbc , so the old jigger should be mobile again shortly , Gary.

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds