Skip to main content

Farmall F12 ?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #200364 by SWR
Farmall F12 ? was created by SWR
Looking at an old F12 Farmall complete tractor everything there turns over but won't run (carbie full of gunk) spare back end & scuffler setup just wondering how much it's worth ? owner asking 5K any ideas on what is pricing for these old girls ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #200366 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Farmall F12 ?
He might get that if it was restored and running well. Is it on steels or rubber tyres? Steels make them harder to move about and get to shows etc. But in saying all of that, it is worth exactly what you are happy to pay for it.
They are an interesting enough old machine and look far more primitive than they actually are. There were a lot of implements for them in the early days and they worked well enough. There is one in the Pearn's Steam Museum in Tassie which has a rear 3 point linkage fitted, which is activated off the left hand rear axle, through a clutch mechanism. I'd not seen that one before.
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by wee-allis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWR

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #200367 by SWR
Replied by SWR on topic Farmall F12 ?
wee-allis,
Thanks for the reply it's on steel wheels front & rear has scufflers & what looks like a little genius plow as well as a complete back end also with steel wheels on it. I will be going for a look tomorrow & he was saying the price is firm as someone from the Eastern States rang up & offered him 10K & said he would rebuild it & easily get 25K for it. Guess what this individual has had an accident & now can't afford to drive over here to West Oz to pay & collect said item. It's his grandads old tractor so I understand the sentimental value but that won't translate into cold hard cash.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #200368 by Oldengines
Replied by Oldengines on topic Farmall F12 ?
Hi Steve,
she told me she would take no less than $15000 as she had a offer on that, i told her to grab the money before
they changed thier mind as it is way overpriced, a mate of mine offered $5000, but they wouldnt accept, that is what it is worth,
if you end up with it i would be interested in the spare rear wheels, cheers, Chester.

More
5 years 1 week ago #200369 by SWR
Chester I will let you know the outcome
Cheers Irish

More
5 years 1 week ago #200373 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Farmall F12 ?
It sounds like it should have lots of sentimental value, a bit like Grandpa's old axe that is 100 years old and is totally original, apart from having had two new heads and three new handles :woohoo:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
5 years 1 week ago #200374 by SWR
:cheer: :woohoo:

More
5 years 1 week ago #200384 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Farmall F12 ?
I think at $5k it is too much in the condition described.
Semi-mental attachment always makes them increase in value and you always here of ridiculous prices offered and unrealistic values once finished.
As wee-allis said $5k in good running order and looking pretty is all it is worth.

I have spent far more on my Cropmaster as of today with more to came and it will never be worth the amount I've spent on it, but like everyone here we do it for the love of it not the value at resale.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
5 years 1 week ago #200423 by SWR
:woohoo:

More
5 years 1 week ago #200424 by SWR
Yes agreed she is thinking of days gone bye etc but it has not been looked after well at all. Nice enough person but unfortunately no idea about it at all & seems like the local legends are telling her she will be able to retire on this & other bits. If it works out her way good luck but not very likely - and me I will do as all of us rusty iron lovers do just keep on looking.

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds