Skip to main content

Greasy John now does this (becoz the Mrs likes it)

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #208856 by MasseyHarris55
Here we go sunshine type B its stuck and and the water jacket is complete fortunately i picked up another one last year missing all the bits this one has and it turns over. now i combine the two

Fixing things one big shifter at a time
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by IHScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208858 by Lang
Looks like we have a race on our hands. Better get cracking because Cobbadog is halfway down the straight!

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208864 by asw120
Cobba's going to hate me since I'm picking up a Mcdonald SE this weekend ....which turns with compression! (and a Lister Junior).
Now, if I could just get the gearbox off this damned straight eight......splines are rusted in the clutch disc.

From Cobba's posts I am learning what's inside, very educational.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208867 by wee-allis
Had that rusty stuck clutch problem twice in my working life. First was an Albion which had been parked up after being stuck in salt flood water. Had to use a come-a-long between the rear flange and the front diff to pull it free.

Next time it was a little Stuart Turner marine engine. Chained the gearbox to the tray of a towie and put the winch on the engine. Pulled the centre of the drive plate through the cover and Bob's yer uncle. Or Charlie's yer aunt, if you prefer.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #208873 by asw120
I'm trying not to break this one as it's the only freewheel gearbox I have. So far have bellhousing undone, gearbox undone, manged to get input shaft retainer undone and pressure plate bolts undone (got the crank turning). It's putting up a good fight! Slowly pulling the gearbox off the front bearing, but it's a tight fit.
The I can pull the bellhousing off and work on getting the pressure plate out of the spigot machined in the flywheel (I think that's the correct term). It's been half full of water.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by asw120.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208879 by PDU
Hearing all this makes my problems seem so much easier now . . . :blink:

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #208882 by asw120

PDU wrote: Hearing all this makes my problems seem so much easier now . . . :blink:

...then I have been of service :)

Sorry John, I seem to have hijacked your thread. I shall herewith cease and desist :)

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by asw120.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PDU

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208883 by MasseyHarris55
its all good you carry on

Fixing things one big shifter at a time

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208884 by cobbadog
No problems Jarrod with you sending the missing parts down for mine!
It will be interesting to see yours and to see what I'm missing if anything. I may need some ideas and pics of things so I can try to make them and the first thing is that oil primer.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #208894 by asw120
Cobba, if the parts engine has one that I don't need, you're welcome to it. Should know this weekend.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds