Skip to main content

Austin Truck

More
9 years 11 months ago #141932 by AS-130
Replied by AS-130 on topic Re: Austin Truck
I think i will have to buy new ones. Just will take me 10 years to wear them out :) only going to do 500km a year i think.

So this might be a dumb question but i take it that R19.5 tyre dont fit a R20 rim?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #141933 by
Replied by on topic Re: Austin Truck
New 7.50 X 20 Chinese Tyres with tubes and rust bands cost me about $230.00 ea from Leslie Tyres in Braybrook Victoria phone 03 93116815. He is a supplier only but fitting is only about $20.00 a Tyre or do it yourself.

Daz

More
9 years 11 months ago #141934 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: Austin Truck

So this might be a dumb question but i take it that R19.5 tyre dont fit a R20 rim?

yup, and ya even answered it y'self.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
9 years 11 months ago #141935 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Austin Truck
19.5 is a tubeless size.

More
9 years 11 months ago #141936 by AS-130

19.5 is a tubeless size.

Thank for the info

More
9 years 11 months ago #141937 by Battleduck
Replied by Battleduck on topic Re: Austin Truck
Be very careful about fitting 7.50/20's where there used to be 7.00/20's. Had this experience on a 3.38N. They will be OK for the front but on the rear the spacing is not adequate enough to maintain a safe gap between the sidewalls of the two tyres. Therfore, if you carry a heavy enough load or hit a decent bump, they will rub together and any mechanic doing the roadworthy will pull you up on it. A good rule of thumb is you can put your hand between the two tyres when mounted on the rim. The wheel studs weren't quite long enough either to fit a rim spacer, either.
7.00/20's are harder to get, but how many times will you replace them on a classic truck?

More
9 years 11 months ago #141938 by AS-130
So i found some 8.25/20 tyre near new. Great price but I guess they are a little wide.
Will the work okay with these sort of spacers?

More
9 years 11 months ago #141939 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Austin Truck
They would work but you are introducing the problem that the wheel pair weight/load will then be offset to the wheel bearings. The better alternative would be to get rims with increased offset.

9 years 11 months ago #141940 by
Replied by on topic Re: Austin Truck

You can get 750 X 20 tyres with tubes and rust bands for about $230.00 in Melbourne . PM me if you want a contact number.

Daz

More
9 years 11 months ago #141941 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Austin Truck
Not being a stickerly for rules if you run those spacer also besides bearing issues more so if you are carrying loads the studs are placed under large loads

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds