Skip to main content

Silver Diamond Dizzy

More
8 years 11 months ago #159347 by Barnyard
Gday all, Im slowly gathering bits to fire up the SD220 in my AR 110. I was keen to put an electronic ignition kit in the Lucas distributor it has but there's none available it seems. Did these engines have another brand dizzy as well? Delco are listed in some books but no model numbers. My AS 160 has a Bosch (made in Australia) distributor, I dunno if there interchangeable etc. etc. Or maybe im barkin' up the wrong tree and should stay with the points/condenser setup :-/ :-/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159348 by Old Yella
Replied by Old Yella on topic Re: Silver Diamond Dizzy
G'day barnyard, have you tried Pertronix in Melbourne, they should be able to tell you what's available. I'm running their units in my '77 F100 & '63 Galaxie, brilliant bits of gear. Cheers, Paul.

More
8 years 11 months ago #159349 by Barnyard
Replied by Barnyard on topic Re: Silver Diamond Dizzy
Gday Old Yella, I've been talking to them and they haven't got a kit for my Lucas DVZ6A, Im wondering if there's a Delco or Bosch dizzy that would fit my engine and also be compatible with a Pertronix kit. Im glad to hear there a good thing! Cheers :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #159350 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Silver Diamond Dizzy
They used a Bosch dizzy, the small one like a Holden Grey motor. Perhaps a late 281 may have had the bigger Bosch?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 11 months ago #159351 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Silver Diamond Dizzy
I put a later 281 dizzy into my ASD 240. the only bit we had to swap over was the clamp at the top of the shaft.

I have a spare bosch dizzy here amongst some stuff I am sorting out to sell if you are interested in making an offer.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
8 years 10 months ago #159352 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Silver Diamond Dizzy
I have a Delco in my AL110. It has a BD220 out of an AS. I had a Lucas but bushes were worn & would not stay timed. I may have a spare Lucas or a Bosch one. Dave

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
8 years 10 months ago #159353 by Barnyard
Thanks everyone for the info and offers! It seems most or all Inter 6 dizzys are interchangeable, so I've had a closer look at my AS dizzy and its a Bosch U-JFU6. Ill ring Pertronixs and see if they have a kit on Tuesday to suit one of these. It does look like an early Holden one....

More
8 years 10 months ago #159354 by Barnyard
G'day all, thanks for your offers! I may have to take them up, Im chasing a couple down locally but if that doesn't happen ill be in touch. Pertronix have told me that they can do a kit for a Bosch with the two piece points set, which the UJFU 6 has.
Ive already found one but someone has bronze welded up the baseplate, needless to say the vacuum advance is stuffed.....

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds