Skip to main content

British Chevrolet Truck early 30’s ?

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #225527 by Mustang0359
Hi all.
I have This British Chevrolet truck , early 30’s I think. All timber cab, was one of James Hardie delivery trucks in the day.
Does anyone know what year or have any information on it.

Regards Bernie.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225528 by mammoth
The Chevrolet operation in England was rebadged as Bedford in 1933, along with design changes such as pressure fed bearings in the engine. All the cab and tray would be Aussie made to avoid import tarrifs at the time.

More
2 years 8 months ago #225532 by Morris
Mustang 0359 In the 1930's and earlier, "British Chevrolets" and other General Motors vehicles were assembled in Canada to qualify as British Commonwealth products to avoid heavy import duties for non-commonwealth countries.
As soon as I get time I will try to identify the pictures you put up from the book "60 years of Chevrolet" by Howard H Damman but from memory, your truck appears to be about 1934 or '35.

By the way, when you have uploaded a photo, click on "Insert" if you can find it. It was not there last time I put a picture up.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mustang0359

More
2 years 4 months ago #229715 by Mustang0359
If anyone is interested in this truck let me know, I have too many projects on the go and just not going to have enough years left for all of them.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds