Skip to main content

Run Away GM's

More
2 years 6 months ago #227330 by Lang
Run Away GM's was created by Lang

If this one had some coolant it would still be running.

And even Listers run away!

And of course John Deeres
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227339 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Run Away GM's
Dont need a GM for a runaway...brother had a runaway with his David Brown tractor......he says he overfilled the oilbath aircleaner by less than an inch,and the motor ran away on the oil..
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #227368 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Run Away GM's

Dont need a GM for a runaway...brother had a runaway with his David Brown tractor......he says he overfilled the oilbath aircleaner by less than an inch,and the motor ran away on the oil..

Also the first Isuzu EFI diesel 4 cylinders blew o rings on the injectors and fed oil pressure to the combustion chambers then self destructed. IIRC they were a HEUWY?? system designed by Cat?

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #227370 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Run Away GM's
Had the same experience with an AEC Mammoth Major as a young mechanic. Over filled the air cleaner, started it up and away it went. Had to peel off the footy jumper and shove it in the air intake. Boss was not amused, grumpy old bastard.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by wee-allis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #227375 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Run Away GM's
Of course ,the GM runaways is utube BS......all GMs have an emergency shutdown spring loaded flap that blocks the blower intake ..........one time I saw one of the NSWGR Clyde GMs shutdown on the flap .......couldnt see for smoke at the IS yard at Coopers Plains..........people lived in house beside that yard had a lot to put up with......NSW Clydes used to idle there all day,and pour out clouds of foul smoke when they took off .......Most of the NSW locos were shiny black from oil dripping down on the sheetmetal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds