Skip to main content

1971 C1100

More
1 year 10 months ago #236375 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic 1971 C1100
Hello COFFMAN,
You can set everything up from the top, set motor to firing mark on compression, loosen clamp and turn distributor body in reverse to cam rotation until points begin to open and clamp it. This applies with any cam, number one spark plug is where the rotor points following with firing order for the rest, once running . follow up with a timing light.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: COFFMAN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #236377 by COFFMAN
Replied by COFFMAN on topic 1971 C1100
Thanks David.... yes my biggest concern was to have it placed in the correct position as to be not working against the steel vacuum advance line for final timing setting.... but in say that no 1 can be any hole in the disturber cap...this motor hasn't been fired yet
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by COFFMAN.

More
1 year 10 months ago #236474 by COFFMAN
On the final stages of motor and drive line assembly... thinking all is good. The radiator was the last thing on the list, picked one up over the weekend, needs a re-core. Which i was happy to do with a new motor and all.
Talking to a block that was in the radiator game and he tells me it will cost a grand to re-core .... ouch... will look into this with local rad shops this week. Any input into alloy built to fit replacement.

More
1 year 10 months ago #236501 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1971 C1100
A grand is probably right. The heavy duty core (as probably fitted) is a few hundred dearer than "high-efficiency" type I had put in mine. That was about $740 in 2009.
I don't really know how the aluminium ones go, but I know a few have done it as it was a lot cheaper.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, COFFMAN

More
1 year 10 months ago #236503 by COFFMAN
Yes it took me by surprise ..... when i was younger that what i am now... $300 would pull it up...

More
1 year 10 months ago #236506 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 1971 C1100
Thats probably not a bad price with way the costs are skyrocketing these days

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 10 months ago #236512 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1971 C1100
A fedw years back the radiator in the tractor was $1300. Had to be custom made core to suit the top n bottom tanks. Once home and fitted the cost did not hurt as much.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 10 months ago #236515 by COFFMAN
lol... Yer on ya cobbadog.... was just hoping to get this side on things wrapped up this week... but it looks like i,m picking up a few more cans of the side of the road....
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 10 months ago #236552 by COFFMAN
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 year 10 months ago #236554 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 1971 C1100
I view radiators a bit like

Yes they cost a lot but like Cobba says, you forget the pain pretty quick

A I feel a radiator is a lot cheaper than a motor and the cost is also forgotten pretty quick when you run into never ending over heating problems

Maybe think about some shade cloth or fly wire or a stocking on the top hose that goes back into the top tank the first drives to collect any floaters in your engine block

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds