Skip to main content

Another Chevrolet C60

More
1 year 9 months ago #238102 by Steve L
Replied by Steve L on topic Another Chevrolet C60
I looked at a 1910 acco but felt the front axle maybe a tad too wide for the chev. Going to measure it properly next week. I could also transfer all the air tanks valves and plumbing Even though air braked are much safer and more reliable than vac over hydraulic how much testing could an engineer or gov workshop put the truck through. So my thoughts are . . get the engine conversion engineered and rego with vacuum brakes then swap the axles later. So I’ll have to sort a vac pump, thanks for the ideas I didn’t realise an electric pump was available.

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #238103 by Steve L
Replied by Steve L on topic Another Chevrolet C60
Thanks Redbull I’ll give them a try

More
1 year 9 months ago #238144 by Vic Rhodes
Replied by Vic Rhodes on topic Another Chevrolet C60

I looked at a 1910 acco but felt the front axle maybe a tad too wide for the chev. Going to measure it properly next week. I could also transfer all the air tanks valves and plumbing Even though air braked are much safer and more reliable than vac over hydraulic how much testing could an engineer or gov workshop put the truck through. So my thoughts are . . get the engine conversion engineered and rego with vacuum brakes then swap the axles later. So I’ll have to sort a vac pump, thanks for the ideas I didn’t realise an electric pump was available.

Steve

Some light Reading for You..!

www.nhvr.gov.au/safety-accreditation-com...standards-bulletin-6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve L

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds