Skip to main content

International ASC160

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #97070 by redhead525
Hello everyone

I thought i would share some pics and info about my truck. It's an Inter ASC160, originaly owned by the sydney city council and later got sold off to a farmer in western nsw, it's got a G well underbody hoist. The engine runs great and has barely any rust in the body. I plan on leaving it in its working clothes and just getting it roadworthy.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t491/redhead525

The only parts im missing is the passenger seat and one of my bonnet hinges are broken, if anyone knows where i can can find these please let me know. Also i would love to see any pics you guys have of these trucks.

Regards
Danny
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97071 by v8 inter nut
:D :DI love these old bangers and this is a great example of one. They don't seem to come up for sale much mustn't be to many around ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #97072 by redhead525
Replied by redhead525 on topic Re: International ASC160
I was looking for a year or so before this one came up, the fellow i bought this this off told me there was only 900 of these assembled here.

11 years 6 months ago #97073 by
Replied by on topic Re: International ASC160
Danny

Looks like a great find looks to be cancer free too. ? going to keep it in its work clothes or full resto.

This one was at Lancefield 2010

Trevor

More
11 years 6 months ago #97074 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: International ASC160
It is great to find a truck in that original condition. Most of these had disc wheels, what size tyres does yours have ?

More
11 years 6 months ago #97075 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: International ASC160
Trevor, I think the one at Lancefeild is on a later chassis D1310? with a 345 V8 in it. I also read somewhere the owner sanded it back carefully which revealed the old signwriting and then gave it a coat of clear.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97076 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: International ASC160
Just looking at the Lancefield one, which seems to have 8 stud wheels on the front. Another mystery.

More
11 years 6 months ago #97077 by browny289
Replied by browny289 on topic Re: International ASC160
Great truck mate like that it has spiders on it
they dont come up for sale often
if anyone knows of any shoot me a pm

More
11 years 6 months ago #97078 by towie
Replied by towie on topic Re: International ASC160
asc at lancefield is known as fugly,,,, and is on a d1310 chassis and running gear.hense 8 stud wheels a lot of work went into fugly many hiden features . and also very good work horse

More
11 years 6 months ago #97079 by redhead525
Replied by redhead525 on topic Re: International ASC160
Slospeed - its got bugger all rust, little bit in the left hand step and roof gutter. Im definantly going to leave it in its working clothes. Im just going to clean it up, get it roadworthy and get it back on the road. That truck in Lancefield looks great. :D

Aktipete - the tyres on my rig are 8.25x20, but i read in an original sales brochere that they were fitted with 7.50x20

If anyone knows of any wrecks, let me know

thanks for your replys

keep the pics coming :)

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds