Skip to main content

Foden.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159020 by hayseed
Foden. was created by hayseed

....If you wished you were 'king of the road' back in 'the day'....then heres an opportunity for you. Described as having "saloon comfort" in sales brochures & the best of 'British engineering' :D....Don't delay...."MODERNISE & FODENISE"....with the unique period styling & 'Thomas the Tank' looks, these lorries look like they are smiling at you :)....But you won't be, at the first hill! :D....This old wagon is a renovators delight ;) ....complete, good runner,sound engine,its all there....FODEN S20 1960ish, 6 x 4 CAB CHASSIS, GARDNER 6LX 150hp, FODEN 12 Speed....With a face only a mother could love. ::) Comes with rear view mirrors & windscreen wipers.... :P. LOCATION SYDNEY,PRICE $4,500. PHONE WADE 0433 428 900. NOTE; listed for a mate,no connection to vehicle offered.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159021 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Foden.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159022 by Giddy up Go
Replied by Giddy up Go on topic Re: Foden.
...G'day Hayseed,ta for 'tidying'up this thread...guess it digressed a little...all good though. plenty of 'chappies' got fondest of memories steer'in (or try'in to) these ol lorries.... ;D

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #159023 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Foden.
Many years ago there was a company in Penrith NSW that used a lot of Fodens, either P&R Roberts or P.R. Roberts. There slogan was "Roberts for roads". I can also remember a few old, retired from road duty, Fodens in the old BM&G quarry at Castlereagh NSW.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by overnite.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159024 by 82cabover
Replied by 82cabover on topic Re: Foden.
Gday Giddy just noticed the front corner ;D by the way just noticed ya left ya windas down 8-)

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #159025 by Giddy up Go
....Copy that '82moveover' :) Where ya been 'ol m8...? Had a bird on your aireal??...Something else in that "first pic,regarding truck advertised" that you & others hav'nt picked/commented on...Put ya 'bifocals' on & CSI it m8... ;D. Overnite,big 10-4rr regarding Peter Roberts,this truck was previously owned by him. 'Regentville' just off Mulgoa rd.(Penrith) was where the yard was....

Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Giddy up Go.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159026 by 82cabover
Replied by 82cabover on topic Re: Foden.
:o is that you wavin to me after blowin ya bathroom windas out ;D

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159027 by Giddy up Go
....Ha,ha ;D '82...knew you'd come thru...Yes m8,lets see if any of the other 'truckers' on channel can guess what we carry'in on about.... ::).

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159028 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Foden.
Giddy, I thought it may have been ex Roberts.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #159029 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: Foden.
Just on those early Fodens, way back when (pre BMG & BMI), Australian Blue Metal had a mixture of Fodens, think they were painted blue or blue/grey, someone will correct me here).

I remember them operating out of Wallgrove I think it was, they had a few 8 wheelers with extremely long steel tipper bodies on them, but very low sides. May have even been manual steering. Worked for an earthmoving mob who bought one ex-company, still painted their colours. Ripped the tipper body off it and jammed a water tank on it to make a cart for watering roads on subdivisions. Didn't have to fill her all that often, big tank! But what a handful to try and do a ten point u-turn when spraying! Wouldn't even like to guess what they would have tared out in original tipper configuration, but seemed to have a massive chassis, maybe even ten inches deep. Suppose would have been general Foden spec at the time, 6LX Gardiner, David Brown gearbox etc. Don't recall what diffs (huge) maybe even Kirkstall's?

Again, and I don't mind being corrected, but didn't some of the early power steering models run some sort of air assist on the steering? Or, I could be getting confused with some of the early Erfydindes (ERF'S)

Maybe a few old timers could add a bit, may even have an old photo or two to post?

Cheers, Dave 64

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds