Skip to main content

Volvo 1978 N12 parts required

More
8 years 8 months ago #161903 by Andrew Gibb
Hi lads,

We have just bought a nice N12 prime-mover that has had some good work done on it and only needs a few items to finish off. Hopefully someone will know of a wreck that might supply some parts. We need the interior cabin roof lining (a moulded foam piece, apparently) and a couple of air tanks. I am far from an expert with these trucks so I don't know what other model maybe the same?

I will try Volwreck in Melbourne, but thought I would try the knowledge of the people first. I just missed a good cabin at Berrigan by a few days!!

Preferably somewhere in Gods Country (Vic/southern NSW).

Many thanks.

AG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #161904 by philip
ive got every thing u need phone 0407609400

More
8 years 8 months ago #161905 by mammoth
Well done Andrew. Check out issue 11 of Vintage Trucks & Commercials magazine which features a totally original one owner N12 in Victoria.

More
8 years 8 months ago #161906 by ChainDrive
Hi there Andrew
Welcome to the Volvo club.
I have a 86 N12 prime mover and a 89 N10 tipper. Volvo made slight changes right through the production run of these trucks. Not sure about your model but mine have a headlining which looks to be like a compressed board of some sort which after time falls apart. If you cannot find what you need then some self adhesive rubber foam might suffice. I have some info and may have a parts manual to suit your model if you can't find one.
You may know me better as the fellow from Qld with the old Fiat truck.
Regards
Dale

More
8 years 8 months ago #161907 by roKWiz
Hey Andrew, There was a couple of N series Volvos in Wang, one I remember in Newmans Rd near Council Dept and there used to be one in Ashmore St industrial area.
They might have both ended up in Thomos Scrap. Shadford Rd. There's a few trucks in there now.

Or is it ones of these you acquired.
Geoff

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #161908 by Andrew Gibb
Thanks for all your help lads. I will see how we go. The truck wasn't from Wang, but I will chase those ones up. Cheers, Andrew.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Andrew Gibb.

More
8 years 8 months ago #161909 by roKWiz
Hey Andrew, FYI, that N series is still sitting in the junk yard opposite N E Glass in Newman St Wang south.
Geoff

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

Time to create page: 1.226 seconds