Skip to main content

1937 One Ton

More
8 years 2 months ago #168029 by Lang
1937 One Ton was created by Lang
I have been asked by an 88 year old to help sell his 1937 Chevrolet 1 ton tray back. When I looked at it I had no camera so this photo is not the vehicle, but what it looks like, except the one for sale is fully restored, cream, varnished flat tray. It looks really nice and ready for shows.

If anyone is interested (not just wanting to look at pictures) give me a call and I will make a trip for photos.He has no idea of price but has been a truckie all his life and still pretty sharp.

On Brisbane northside.

Lang 0439677279

The following user(s) said Thank You: Morrie
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 2 months ago #168127 by Morrie
Replied by Morrie on topic 1937 One Ton
Have sent you a pm cheers Morrie
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #168129 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1937 One Ton
I had a good look at the vehicle. Obviously an amateur restoration but nice and straight.

The old fellow and his son were skilled mechanically and I think all that side should be pretty right.

The body panels all seem to fit nicely. Paint is getting tired (has not been outside but the job has been going on for 10 years!). Chassis was sandblasted and painted, no sign of pitting.

Upholstery and trim new, neat but amateur. No roof lining but they may not have had it from new. Would not take much to make some up. Folding windscreen mechanism seems all in working order with no rust in the frame. Instruments look fine. Doors open and closed well.

One rear wheel is a Toyota rim but he says he has the original in the next shed. The spare looks original Chev wheel.

There are a number of finish jobs such as one headlight glass, rear window glass, left door handle. Front bumper chrome is pitted but a rub with soap and steel wool would bring it up until you were keen enough to rechrome it. A lot of these just had painted bumpers anyhow. The left guard in particular could do with a bit of light fill on some ripples and rub back to make perfect - only obvious on close inspection.

Tray is pretty well done with nice shaped bearers and shiny varnished floor.

I think it has good potential.

He wants $10,000

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Lang.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #168130 by Lang
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #168131 by Lang

The 37 Chev has running boards that have curved rear ends. For a straight tray they should be cut off square, I am pretty sure this particular vehicle had rear guards under the tray and if you fitted those it would be a very nice vehicle indeed.

Here is a photo of the 1942 Chev I restored and took to Townsville 20 years ago for the VP 50 celebrations. These are the guards I am talking about.

Lang
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #168141 by Lang
Chev SOLD to a forum member.

Thanks to those who made enquiries.

Keep looking as he has a 1949 Chev 1 tonner single wheels, nice runner, coming up as soon as he gets over the loss of his 1937 model.

Lang
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds