Skip to main content

IH Crane

More
7 years 11 months ago #170750 by Mrsmackpaul
IH Crane was created by Mrsmackpaul
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationnot my crane and have no connection but would be just the thing for people working on bigger trucks
Thought this may be of some interest to some one

Paul

?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #170756 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic IH Crane
Paul

Good find. If it is running it has to be a bargain. I used one on a wharf building job we had in the 80's and it was extremely handy and surprisingly quite agile. Main thing is with the wide front track it will walk quite safely with a full load.

Wonder if I can get a permit to drive it back to Brisbane from Melbourne?

Lang

More
7 years 11 months ago #170757 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic IH Crane
Looks like a cousin to my loader, based on an AW6 or AWD6 tractor, spare parts will be easily obtained, but probably involve collecting a complete set each time.... complete with flat tyres and rusted tinware.

I dont suppose I would be allowed to have one so I wont bother asking this time.... :oops: :blush: :dry:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 11 months ago #170758 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic IH Crane
Sarge :-x

M80

Az ewe kno n eye kno

tiz easier to ask fir forgiveness ... than ask for permission

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 11 months ago #170765 by Nr Mack
Replied by Nr Mack on topic IH Crane rear tyres
I have one that has buggered tyres on it 13 x28 which are not easy to find, does anyone know of conversion done to rims to put in spacers to allow for different tyres I can put on 13.6 x28 it will sit 2 inches lower in the rear? any suggestions?

More
7 years 11 months ago #170767 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic IH Crane rear tyres
Hi NRMack,
Does it have bolt on wheels or clamp on? I have just replaced the wheels on an old (AW6?) inter powered grader with wheels that clamp on the axle with a set of wider Nuffield wheels, just had to file the key to suit. Axle diameter was the same.

I have also seen a set of adaptors at a scrap yard recently that clamp on the axle that you can bolt wheels to, I don't know what the stud pattern is.

Paul

More
7 years 11 months ago #170774 by Nr Mack
Replied by Nr Mack on topic IH Crane rear tyres
Hi Paul
I think they are clamp on as there is two half moon plates held on by two nuts each and then and end cap held on by one bolt, rim Is heavy cast with 14 studs around edge of rim

More
7 years 11 months ago #170824 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic IH Crane rear tyres
They sound like what inter apparently called their industrial wheels, the very self same wheels what I am trying to remove one of so I can fix the wheel bearing....

this is the one I dont want to remove..... cant read the tyre size.... big heavy muvva with a zillion ply rating.... will check in day light

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #171087 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic IH Crane rear tyres
Hi NR and Sarge. It looks like your type of wheel fitment is a more heavy duty type than mine, yours look like split collets in a taper in the wheels. Mine clamp the axle between the wheel and a semi circular clamp. This system allowed me to fit Nuffield wheels as a replacement.

More
7 years 11 months ago #171089 by d23j
Replied by d23j on topic IH Crane rear tyres
The grader must be built on a farmal not a w series

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds