Skip to main content

Wanted. 1937/1938 Dodge or Fargo cab.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #171208 by geoffa
We found this 1937 ME31 Dodge 30cwt truck in a scrap yard at Warren a few months ago. It has the name of owner in very faded paint on the side of the cab behind the driver's door. I did some research and found he died in 1970. I have spoken to one of his daughters who told me her father was driving it home from Hermidale when he had a bit of a mishap and rolled it onto it's side. The truck was then taken back to the farm, parked out in the open and not used again. Obviously this was sometime prior to 1970 and the truck has been out in the elements for nearly 50 years.

As often happens some spark plugs have been removed and some cylinders have water in them. Engines can be rebuilt but we think this cab is beyond repair and are looking for another cab for it.

Any information or leads to finding a suitable cab would be very much appreciated.

Geoff.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by geoffa.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171356 by Gojeep
Can't help you with another cab, but if you end up with a complete one with a spare set of headlights and posts, I would be most interested in them.

Cheers

Invention is a combination of brains and materials.
The more brains you use, the less materials you need!

More
7 years 10 months ago #171358 by Lang
I would put money on the Richards cab on the 37/38 International being almost identical to give you a wider pool of options.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffa

More
7 years 10 months ago #171362 by geoffa
Gojeep,

Welcome to the forum. I will keep you in mind if I find something. What are you restoring ?.

Geoff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gojeep

More
7 years 10 months ago #171363 by Gojeep
Thank you Geoff

Building a prototype 1 ton 1937 Willys Truck that never went into production.

Invention is a combination of brains and materials.
The more brains you use, the less materials you need!

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds