Skip to main content

Wanted, Dodge Powerwagon roller or just cab and front panels

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176812 by Richrob
Always wanted a 1940s to 1950s Dodge Powerwagon or Chev Bliz small truck. After years working in truck related industry the last 15 years it's time to find something.
Prefer a ww2 era Dodge up 2 the early 60s, just a good savable closed cab, fenders and bonnet/hood would be good start.
Any still left in this country?
Also looking for early to late 1950 caravan (alloy Carapark)
Please private message me here and I will reply with my mobile
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Richrob. Reason: Spelling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 4 months ago #176814 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 4 months ago #176816 by oldgmc
I think you missed the boat on that one If it's the one I'm thinking of it was on the forum a couple of years ago a bloke in Queensland owns it now but if you can give me a bit of time I know a bloke in North Queensland that might be able to help

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176820 by Lang
If you are interested in a 1946 Dodge ute (same mechanicals as the Power Wagon except 2WD) I have one completely mechanically rebuilt but requiring bodywork. Rust repairs done just panel and paint to go. Engine photo below but will get photo of truck tomorrow. Two photos below (not this truck) to give you an idea. $7,500

What it will look like painted.

Original Dodge paint scheme.

This engine shot is of my truck.

Lang
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Lang.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176821 by asw120
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI swear there was one on ebay in Vic. this morning, but I can't find it now.
It had Perkins and Studebaker 5 speed. Was said to be ex Leyland Brothers. Mostly in bits.

Jarrod.

edit: sorry, NSW.

There. Don't know why it didn't come straight up in a normal search.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by asw120.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176823 by Lang
Jarrod
That one was a 1942 style 3/4 ton Weapon Carrier (not much left original). The Power Wagon post war was based on this vehicle. They basically just made an alteration to the nose, put on a standard 1938 style hard cab and a civilian style pick-up body on the back.

Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
7 years 4 months ago #176826 by asw120
Always learning, thanks, Lang. :)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176827 by Lang
This is the 1941 1/2 ton Weapon Carrier hardtop. I am restoring one of these at the moment. They only built them for about a year before going to the beefed up grey 3/4 ton above but kept the same engine/transmission etc.

You can see where Dodge got their Power Wagon idea from - this army pick up also has the same 1938 truck cab as the Power Wagon.

This is the much more common soft top 1/2 ton Weapon Carrier of 1941

Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176830 by Lang
Here are the other models based on the 3/4 ton Weapon Carrier 1942-45

Carryall (I have one of these), Command Car 6 seat, Ambulance. The Carryall and Ambulance have longer wheelbase than the Weapon Carrier and Command Car but every other thing is the same.

And lastly here is the WC62 6X6. Everything the same as the others except for an extra axle and two speed transfer case (all the 4X4 types relied on the super low first gear and single speed transfer case and can leave Jeeps far behind on very steep hills - the banana farmers loved them after the war)

Lang
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176832 by Lang
While I am at it I might as well complete the family picture.

Starting in 1938 the US Army began getting the light Dodge 4X4 (as well as heavier Dodge 4X4 trucks). They used the bodywork and most of the mechanicals off the current commercial pick-up. The cab continued through the 60's with the Power Wagon. In 1940 they made a few mechanical changes but simplified the bodies to the 1/2 ton style above, which itself was beefed up for 1942 and rebodied into the 3/4 ton style above.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds