Skip to main content

1948ish Bedford M type chassis

More
1 year 6 months ago #240622 by Morris
Hello PDU
My mate John has Covid and says he will have to pass on your chassis.

"Bedford Boof" says that he has the remains of a truck he got for nothing and does not want your bits either so I will have to let all the other Bedford restorers fight over it.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240664 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 1948ish Bedford M type chassis
Morris: Thanks for your input. Somewhat disappointed that I may have to scrap it, after removing any of the good/useful pieces that will not require too much sweat and tears. Just in case somebody needs them later.

oliver1950: Yes it is similar, but it is not the light or rim that I need, it is the dished piece that fits behind the headlight . . . in the pictures below you will see I have what I need headlight wise.

cobbadog: Cake tins or dog dishes? With some devious metalwork I might be able to trim/rework this dish I spotted when somebody came into the tip while I was doing a gate duty for the Men's Shed last Saturday. One of the perks of doing the job. :whistle: Not particularly clear in the photos but the rim diameter looks to be very close to the diameter at the top of the dish, with the aforesaid trimming this would probably look close enough to being not noticeable :unsure: once on the truck. The underside becoming the side facing outwards on the truck. Clear as mud? :huh:

Maybe later, when/if done I will revisit this and make it clearer . . . :blink: B)
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, oliver1950

More
1 year 6 months ago #240705 by cobbadog
OK, now I'm confused. I thought you were chasing the chrome section like a headlight surround. The dish section behind the headlight can be known as a bucket and Narva sell them and they are in plastic. Exactly the same as used in the Mini.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 6 months ago #240724 by PDU
After looking back at my piccies I'm not surprised you are confused cobbadog, It is a ring that sits behind the headlight assembly with a curled up edge. Imagine a frisby with the centre cut out and then attached flat side (or at least what is left of it :lol:) to the guard.

The most alarming part of all this is the fact that my wife is unaware this one is coming home soon! :ohmy: :blink: :oops: :pinch: Living dangerously . . . ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 6 months ago #240739 by cobbadog
You do live dangerously don't you!
You should start trying to work out how it is going get past the front gate and then why it got past the front gate and finally to keep it behind the front gate. Good luck OR get well soon.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240750 by PDU
One out, one in . . .

Chassis out, another chassis in (albeit with a cab on it and while wife is away in Adelaide :whistle:). Tuck it away in the carport shed and if wife notices I'll just point out the two speed rear axle. Not that it will convince her it was necessary to buy it!

Weak moment purchase and still two Triumphs to go. Life wasn't meant to be easy. :unsure:

More
1 year 6 months ago #240755 by cobbadog
Stay safe mate!

The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
1 year 6 months ago #240769 by hayseed
Here you Go PDU....;)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, PDU, oliver1950

More
1 year 6 months ago #240771 by Morris
My Wife said even if I brought one home like that she would see it!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #240818 by PDU
Just measured the wheel base, and damn! She (Bedford, not wife) ain't gonna fit on the car trailer that I was planning to use. :oops:

Wood, or no wood disguise hayseed. :blink:

Mine generally sees 'em soon enough Morris, but it doesn't hurt to creep 'em in while she isn't looking! :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds