Skip to main content

f.s vic acco with alloy service body

More
11 years 9 months ago #87602 by oyamum
hay guys this is an old banga that my boss has owned for many many many many years, it was an ex service truck for sec or similar. he bought it and started to modify the alloy body in order to fit a generator in there but as the pics show it never got finished and with smaller genes and the fact we own crane trucks and tilt trays it realy isnt worth finishing the old girl off since truck mounted genes are pointless nowadays... anyway its actually a pretty tidy truck as it has lived most of its life inside a workshop so there is no rust i can see but it has had a jam job at some point. she is running an allison with an old perkins 6cyl engine which blows a fair amount of white smoke on start up untill its warm. i think they want around $5,000 which i think is to much but i told them ill chuck it up here however if it doesnt sell im not bothered as i offered them a fair wack less than what they want so if she dont sell soon i may end up getting it as a project :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87603 by Griffo
That's not a Perkins! D-358!

Where is the rig Located? GVM? Model? Wheelbase?

Cheers Griff

More
11 years 9 months ago #87604 by oyamum
Its located in altona, victoria...
What engine is it???? Im not to smart with the old engines...

More
11 years 9 months ago #87605 by Fuller-Vit
looks like neuss to me

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

More
11 years 9 months ago #87606 by oyamum
Thanks for the heads up you may be correct as i was going by what the old fella at work told me..

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87607 by kenny-mopar
neuss D358 power house ( hitlers revenge?)
with a massive 4 cubic inch capacity over the perkins
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by kenny-mopar.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87608 by Griffo
Got any contact details?
The Old man sounds interested and wants a bit more info...

More
11 years 9 months ago #87609 by oyamum
Yeh mate blokes name is ken maher His number is 0417 300 383... I did just speak to him he has said he would start at 6k but will go negotiate so i was a little off on my original estimate of 5k but i honestly think you would get it for 5k still or less

More
11 years 9 months ago #87610 by oyamum
As a little extra bonus i spoke to the boss and he said we can deliver the old girl on our tilt tray if the buyer is somewhat local....

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds