Skip to main content

What Inhibitor For A 903

More
10 years 1 month ago #140008 by D40Inter
Can anyone tell me what inhibitor I should run in a 903 also should I run any particular coolant.
Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140009 by paulc20
I'm still running Fleet Guard Compleat 50 in mine, unfortunately it is no longer available. After my last filter change and a hose replacement I topped it up with Gulf Western All Fleet Heavy Duty Diesel Concentrate. They claim this is compatible, and is designed for heavy duty wet sleeve diesels and the sca additive. I have been using the pre charged (3 unit I think) with sca fleet guard filters, but haven't been able to check the concentration in the system properly as the local supplier always seems to have out of date test strips.

www.gulfwestern.com.au/Data%20Sheet%20do...20Coolant-2-2014.pdf

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #140010 by busntruck
I used to use Fleetgaurd DCA4 and got it from local Cummins dealer.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by busntruck.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140011 by hayseed
I just buy 200 litre Drums of Premixed Stuff off Cummins (Fleetguard).And run it in everything from the Lawn mower Up..
I still refer to It as TEC50.
But It's now called something else (not too sure what) :-/ :-/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
10 years 1 month ago #140012 by paul404
Go to your local KW dealer and use their All Rig pre-mixed coolant. Spin on a zero unit water filter. Top ups are done with the pre-mix. Keeps it simple.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140013 by dieseldog
It shouldn't matter too much mate, just make sure its a good quality one. It does pay to shop around, there are some that are good for half a million clicks and all that's required is a filter change every year to keep up the DCA.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140014 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: What Inhibitor For A 903

Can anyone tell me what inhibitor I should run in a 903 also should I run any particular coolant.
Cheers

just put a fleet guard wf2075 water filter and a bottle of fleet guard DCA65L and she'll be fine!
903's were around long before all the pre mixed coolant became necessary

More
10 years 1 month ago #140015 by dieseldog
Just bear in mind that one will have no anti freeze/anti boil protection with water.

Considering the negligible cost of coolant over tens of thousands or even half a million kilometres, I'd run a modern coolant and reap all the benefits...

More
10 years 1 month ago #140016 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: What Inhibitor For A 903

Just bear in mind that one will have no anti freeze/anti boil protection with water.

Considering the negligible cost of coolant over tens of thousands or even half a million kilometres, I'd run a modern coolant and reap all the benefits...

if "one" needs anti boil protection "one" should be checking thermostats,water pumps,bleed lines and radiators!!

pre 1988 engines were designed to run on water with DCA additive.
the latest "modern" coolant from fleetguard that is supposed to be so environmentally friendly that us humans could probably drink it is causing lots of water leaks from pre 1988 gaskets and seals that weren't designed to handle the latest chemicals

10 years 1 month ago #140017 by
Replied by on topic Re: What Inhibitor For A 903
...jeeeez newto .. and i thought i was becoming a bit of a hard arse! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds