Skip to main content

What Inhibitor For A 903

More
10 years 1 month ago #140018 by newto
Replied by newto on topic Re: What Inhibitor For A 903

...jeeeez newto .. and i thought i was becoming a bit of a hard arse! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sorry defective,
I been told its in me nature!!
ask kirky!

newto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140019 by werkhorse
Why not just chuck some soluble oil in it just to be sure ;) ;) ;D ;D :P

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
10 years 1 month ago #140020 by newto

Why not just chuck some soluble oil in it just to be sure ;) ;) ;D ;D :P

ahhh werkhorse

More
10 years 1 month ago #140021 by roadboss82
I agree totally with Newto. The VT903 i ran in the Road Boss did over 800,000km in the sixteen years i ran it doing everything {except stock crates,} including a lot of heavy{overloaded} semi tipper work and in that time all i ever used was a 12 DCA filter and tap water and never touched the motor. There were no water leaks until it had done the 800,000kms. Back in1993 when i bought the truck Cummins were pushing the coolant issue but i had been running a Atkinson with a 350 Big Cam using the same 12 DCA filter with no problem. It reminds me of the talk going around then about 'Hot Sets" every oil change. I did a "Hot Set" tune up when i bought the Road Boss in 1993 and never touched it again with the VT 903 always running sweet.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140022 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: What Inhibitor For A 903
I use that DCA 4 in everything Cummins, Detroit, Holden, etc and have for years, it's cheap and I have never had an drama with it. When you pull an engine apart that has had the stuff in it is clean as.

You can tell yourself all this modern stuff is better, and it maybe for a modern motor, but the DCA 4 is perfect for the older ones, as long as it is kept up to them.

More
10 years 1 month ago #140023 by dieseldog

Just bear in mind that one will have no anti freeze/anti boil protection with water.

Considering the negligible cost of coolant over tens of thousands or even half a million kilometres, I'd run a modern coolant and reap all the benefits...

if "one" needs anti boil protection "one" should be checking thermostats,water pumps,bleed lines and radiators!!

pre 1988 engines were designed to run on water with DCA additive.
the latest "modern" coolant from fleetguard that is supposed to be so environmentally friendly that us humans could probably drink it is causing lots of water leaks from pre 1988 gaskets and seals that weren't designed to handle the latest chemicals

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #140024 by newto
dieseldog!

no issues with your latest post and its all very factual in regards to our "modern" engines
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by newto.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds