Skip to main content

White road bosses

More
9 years 11 months ago #143326 by Jake Brake
White road bosses was created by Jake Brake
Hello all, I'm looking for some pics of 2 White Road Bosses " The Godfather " & the " White House".

Cheers Ray.

White the greatest name in trucks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #143327 by
Replied by on topic Re: White road bosses
g'day Ray .. last i saw the White House she was sitting somewhat dismantled behind the Fina servo on Camp Rd Cambellfield (near the railway line) and i have a fair idea she ended up at Daylesford Truck Wreckers not long after, in about the late 1990's ??....

...bloody big truck (and bunk) in her day, and even though i don't have a picture, someone may also remember these details and stump up with what you're after....cheers mate

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #143328 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: White road bosses

Stolen off Facebook-

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bigcam.

More
9 years 11 months ago #143329 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: White road bosses

g'day Ray .. last i saw the White House she was sitting somewhat dismantled behind the Fina servo on Camp Rd Cambellfield (near the railway line) and i have a fair idea she ended up at Daylesford Truck Wreckers not long after, in about the late 1990's ??....

...bloody big truck (and bunk) in her day, and even though i don't have a picture, someone may also remember these details and stump up with what you're after....cheers mate

When I used to live and work in Melbourne, I used to see "The White House" carting containers, pulling a 20 foot box skel. It looked so ridiculous as the prime mover was longer than the trailer!
But the last time I remember seeing her was in that same spot. It was next to Keating's Transport Melbourne depot. It had no motor, no gearbox, and the inside was trashed. I've heard stories that someone was restoring it, but then I have also been told that it went to Daylesford. It would have been a big restoration project.
So, according to my understanding "The Godfather" and "The White House" were the same truck. With one rear axle removed and the chassis shortened it became "The White House".
Thanks Big Cam for the pics. And to the other guys who have sent me pics via email and PM.

White the greatest name in trucks.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #143330 by
Replied by on topic Re: White road bosses
g'day again Ray .. to be fair i can't say i saw her down back in the wrecking yard, but i definitely have a recollection of her being up there and possibly up on the front lot for sale?? :-/ :-/

...i'm sure someone will know....all the best :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #143331 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: White road bosses
GDay fellas,
Yes, she went to Daylesford. I was there at the auction when she was sold, (pretty sure it was bout ten grand, no motor or box I think?) and I saw it sitting out the back of their wrecking yard, a few years ago now.
And I'm thinking that daylesford has damn near shut down now, so who know's if there is still all or some of it sitting there... can't imagine there would be much left by now though.
Pity, isn't it. if only we knew then what we know now eh?
Cheers
Richard

More
9 years 10 months ago #143332 by featherfootpark
hi that truck was at the back of johnny georges fina to have the motor rebuilt in 1989 the bloke that owned it went broke and never payed for it and end the end it got sale with all of johnnys stuff but it had been pretty well rated the windows in the bunk gone who got it i am not too sure but some years later i was in the N.T and a guy who i now had the box on his w model kw all painted up and look like she did in her glory days as far as i no the inside as all done is it was when it was built today it is parked in a shed next to a v12 cab over near alice springs as for the road boss i have no idea what happin to it i would say sims metal it is a shame it was trully a aussie icon in its day :'(

More
9 years 10 months ago #143333 by featherfootpark
are you holding a truck show next year

More
9 years 10 months ago #143334 by Assessor
Replied by Assessor on topic Re: White road bosses
Its still survives just, all that remains :-[

I believe the bunk is still around too

Pics by Sean Hooterville Trucker
That will save BIG CAM Stealin em off Facebook ;) ;)

Just an Observation

More
9 years 10 months ago #143335 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: White road bosses
I'm (fairly) certain that the Bloke in Melb. who had it on Boxes,
Bought It from Trucking Supplies in Chipping Norton (Sydney) this would've been early-Mid '90s.
I can distinctly remember it been parked out the front of trucking supplies for Months,
then one night it parked beside Me at Yass & the Bloke told me he'd just bought to cart boxes around Melbourne with!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds