Skip to main content

Introducing myself and my many questions to follow

More
9 years 9 months ago #146498 by Nicky
Hey there,

Just thought I'd put up a hello, and introduce myself. I'm Joe Fogarty's daughter. I saw that a post was put up at the start of the year about him passing away ( www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1394885053 ). And yes, sadly he had just retired, but wasn't showing any intentions of slowing down, just turning his attentions back to the many many restoration side projects he had on the go.

Anyway, now I have undertaken the truly epic and overwhelming task of clearing out his shed/paddock. So you'll see me posting here over the next while. I've got lots of questions! And there will be a number of things for sale, but please be patient with your questions - I'll try to find out anything you'd like to know, but as I am certainly no expert it might take me a little while. :)

Cheers,
Nicky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #146499 by IHScout
Welcome Nicky,
I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in what your dad had in his sheds and paddocks and we will do our best to answer your questions.

Dennis

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #146500 by
...it would be a decent thing for Nicky not to be bombarded with PM's and emails regarding the treasures dear old Dad loved and had tucked away...

Nicky .. let the whole world know what your father treasured, and the world will tell you what it's all worth...
E Bay, online auction houses, google, genuine help and support from this forum and other sources will all give you an idea, and help get you to an outcome.

.....sincere best wishes from Phil and the forum crew.

More
9 years 9 months ago #146501 by Bugly
Hi Nicky and welcome from the Top End of Australia. Good luck with the sale!! ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 9 months ago #146502 by aec69

...it would be a decent thing for Nicky not to be bombarded with PM's and emails regarding the treasures dear old Dad loved and had tucked away...

Nicky .. let the whole world know what your father treasured, and the world will tell you what it's all worth...E Bay, online auction houses, google, genuine help and support from this forum and other sources will all give you an idea, and help get you to an outcome.

.....sincere best wishes from Phil and the forum crew.

Totally agree with detective...Nicky we had plenty of treasured moments with Joe...he was one of the most helpful, genuine blokes you could meet. He is missed by all that knew him.

Joe has plenty of 'bits n pieces' I don't envy your task in sorting it all out, it will be a patience lesson for sure :)
Luckily you have a lot of friends to rely on especially here on HCVC forum....ask and you will receive.

Start a 'JOE'S' trash and treasure post in the For Sale section of the forum. I am sure it will help in the clearance.

All the best and we shall be in touch...

Regards, chris n co

More
9 years 9 months ago #146503 by Nicky
Thanks a lot guys. It's great to know that Dad's well remembered. And I certainly appreciate all the help I can get at this stage! :)

9 years 9 months ago #146504 by
Hi Nicky .. see if someone local or nearabouts can put up an inventory of what Dad possessed and loved....

....I'm sure the forum will be helpful as to where to place a lot of the gear that may interest people, and be a good filter for where stuff is best advertised....other than that, the wider buy/sell markets are only a google search away....

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds