Skip to main content

Leyland truck / bus engine 680

More
9 years 8 months ago #148210 by MalcolmR
Hi all, thanks for allowing me the chance to join the forums admin! I am interested in obtaining some documents on leyland 680 engines. I have been told on some of the bus forums I am member of, that the 680 leyland engine and possibly the pnuemocylic gearbox were used in various early leyland trucks. I would love love love!!!!!! To get a copy of the leyland service manual for any truck that may have the 680 or 600 leyland motor in it. If someone has a digital PDF copy that they would share, I would donate my first born! And forever be in your debt!!! Lol. Please help if you can. I am having difficulty with my vehicle and am desperate to read up on the engine before repairing! Thanks in advance.!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #148211 by jeffo
I can help with the workshop manual for the 600/680's in LAD cabbed Beaver, Hippo, Octopus.
Have nothing on the semi auto gearbox.
The pages are bigger than A4 though, so I would have to take photos and host them as JPEG's on Photobucket or similar.

More
9 years 8 months ago #148212 by busntruck
I should have some 600/680 bus books with pnuemocylic gearbox info stashed away. I did have Scammell books with 680 pnuemocylic gearbox info but sold them not long ago along with the truck. What sort of info exactly are you after atm and were are you located?

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
9 years 8 months ago #148213 by busntruck
Did you see this links on the forum selling Leyland/AEC manuals?

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1407144083

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
9 years 8 months ago #148214 by cemeNTepede
Are you talking about 680 or 680 Power Plus.
Different beasts....
R/

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

More
9 years 8 months ago #148215 by mammoth
I am guessing that you have a bus with the horizontal engine?? No idea of your location as you have not filled in the info box.
Anyway, these manuals come up on ebay from time to time and are pretty well always available on ebayUK (watch out for postage cost, even at surface rate). The horizontal engine uses a lot of common parts to the vertical truck engine but all the controls and cooling will be different. The trucks used a 5 speed pneumocycle with splitter against the bus straight 4 speed but the principle is the same.

If you say what model and year of build it and which engine etc you are likely to get more help.

More
9 years 8 months ago #148216 by mercskeepmeinajob
Have a look on Bus Australia forum for these manuals specifically related to horizontal 680s. There is a user Guy Arab from WA who has copied some to CD and makes them available. Was in process of doing the same myself but saw someone done it so stopped. He may have the copy of the pneumo if not will continue converting mine.
What type of Cat is yours?

More
9 years 7 months ago #148217 by MalcolmR
Hi, sorry it took so long to reply, we are on the road. I have a 1976 leopard bus with the horizontal 680 and the pnuemocylic gearbox with the electric change and two speed eaton box. I am preferably after cd or PDF via email but any will help at present. The guys at mrmotorparts have helped a bit with parts and some specs but not full book or manual. I currently have some water in the oil and am about to do head gaskets, and I also have oil pouring out of the manual fuel pump mounted to the side of the cav fuel pump. I have replaced the gasket but it seems to be coming out faster now, as if there is an internal seal. I am parked up in a camp ground in Southern vic with oil issues that I would rather deal with having all the knowledge in hand lol. I am not upto speed on the exact model of engine but can confirm it is the 680, not sure on the power plus. Guy has indicated a few times in bus australia about his books, and has sent a few things, however I think he may have forgotten me, or I scared him off! I would love help!! I have a pm for some and will look into it, but if anyone has them, and would email me or share them on a google drive or something I would be forever greatful! On a side note, I am an electronics / electrical engineer so if anyone needs assistance with a project or help, obviously I am happy to do so!!! PLEASE OH PLEASE SAVE ME!! Lol. Malcolm. richardson.malcolm@gmail.com. Probably better to email as I get them on my phone. Cheers!

More
9 years 7 months ago #148218 by ray
G'day MalcolmR, I have had a look in my manual for the 680 and there is no seal listed for the primer pump. I would say if it is leaking from between the primer pump and injector pump then the base of the primer is distorted or cracked and disturbing it has made it worse. Maybe take it off again and put a flat edge across it and see what the result is.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148219 by dodge truck
Gday malcolm, pm me with a phone number i may have a manual for you to borrow,
regards Robert

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds