Skip to main content

Slant back KW

More
9 years 7 months ago #148474 by SteveWil
Slant back KW was created by SteveWil
Hello form over here in the states. I am helping a friend attempting to gather info on his truck, and will attach a pic if I can. It is a 1965 KW cabover, the side of the truck shows it as a k100, however the build sheet shows it was built as a model k121, which is not a U.S. used model generally. The build sheet also shows it was one of 34 trucks custom ordered by P.I.E out of Oakland, California. Anyone know if maybe these were originally ordered for Australian delivery and maybe changed at the last minute...ie; the model numbers. Any info you guys have would help and thanks in advance... I couldn't figure out how to attach a pic and I don't have a photobucket site or anything, so here is a link from our chapter page on Facebook of the truck I am talking about...Steve

www.facebook.com/OldTruckNuts/photos/pb....fbid=706261726098947

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148475 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Slant back KW
K121 just indicates a single drive, as your friend's truck is. Single drive was fairly common spec for PIE to run with double bottoms, although I think they would have mostly been day cabs and very short wheelbase.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jimbo51.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148476 by angle-iron
Replied by angle-iron on topic Re: Slant back KW
Hi Steve,two of these type cabs appeared out here.Complete truck & spare cab that was later put on another early cabover.I picked up another recently trying to get some early rails for mine.Supprisingly, was also an ex PIE truck.Would be interesting to find out how many anglebacks were produced.Think this is another shot of your mates. :D ;). .

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 7 months ago #148477 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Slant back KW
Iz Th@ a Peterbilt Cab ??

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 7 months ago #148478 by SteveWil
Replied by SteveWil on topic Re: Slant back KW
angle-iron thanks for the info. Do you have any pics ?? also his build sheet says that 34 were ordered originally. I will see if I can get his PIE brochure that shows a slant back hooked up to a set of refeer doubles...

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 7 months ago #148479 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Slant back KW

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds