Skip to main content

Inter with a sleeper cab.

More
9 years 6 months ago #150165 by oyamum
Hay guys I can only imagine how hard sleeping in the front of 1 of these would be especially for me as I'm 6ft3" and 145kg :D
The truck in question is a c1600 it's a single axle with a decent chassis length running 20" wheels. I was in 2 minds as to which way I should go with it and contemplated putting a sleeper cab on her and a turntable and turn her into a prime mover or leave it as and build a tray for it with no sleeper cab.. Was just curious how it would look with a sleeper.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #150166 by kenny-mopar

Wasn't it illegal to sleep in a cab that wasn't an official sleeper cab ?

as i drive furniture trucks when they are empty or not full needless to say there is room in the Pantech ...and yes i got booked once for sleeping in a non approved sleeper.... makes ya wonder ::)

More
9 years 6 months ago #150167 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: Inter with a sleeper cab.
Surely it is not illegal to sleep in a truck.

I read it to be illegal to count it as a rest period ie if you do not have an approved sleeper your time on the job just keeps ticking over until such time as you remove yourself from the vicinity of the vehicle. You are booked for exceeding your time, not for sleeping.

Reading the log book instructions it appears you can nod off on your 15 minute break in the cab but the long rest period must be in a sleeper or out of the truck.

Can someone confirm this?

Lang

More
9 years 6 months ago #150168 by kenny-mopar
i was told "away from the vehicle" because it didnt have a approved sleeper so i guess you can sleep beside the truck in the rain for a "very refreshing" sleep ?

9 years 6 months ago #150169 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter with a sleeper cab.
Do what they used to do put the sleeper in the tray.

Loosley. :) ;)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 6 months ago #150170 by Swishy
S L E E P
slumpd ovr steer n wheel wiff a pillow or stretched out ovr or around seats

if n u tied u'll sleep anywhere

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 6 months ago #150171 by overnite
In the early days with a tarped load, it was not unusual to sleep on top of the load and tie your belt through a rope so you didn't roll off.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds