Skip to main content

C1300 lnter trouble

More
7 years 6 months ago #175723 by steveharris
Hi all
I have a c1300 inter with a 6 cylinder 281 engine which normally runs good .
I started the truck yesturday and it idle rough.The truck had just over 1/4 tank of fuel so l dove the truck to the servo and put 20 dollars in the tank.driving the truck it had no power and was backfiring.
Could it be the fuel as l have know started the truck for a month?

I drove the truck today and it was a little better nowever not running as it should

Any help would be great
Thanks
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175724 by AT4 353
Replied by AT4 353 on topic C1300 lnter trouble
Try spark plugs and check that the points gap is good.

she'll be Jake.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175725 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic C1300 lnter trouble
I've been Having similiar trouble, turned out to be a crook fuel pump and air leaks in the fuel lines, fitted an electric pump and repaired fuel lines going really good now, check the fuel pickup line in the tank and clean the tank out

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
7 years 6 months ago #175809 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic C1300 lnter trouble
Steve could be sucking air in fuel line before the pump as we had the same with the R180 running well and when it got down to half a tank it started doing as you have described, we where blaming the electrics, couldn't fix it. Anyway to cut along story short when I lifted the cab off the connection on top of the fuel tank was very loose, also sucking air on the vacuum side will do much the same.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds