Skip to main content

Dodge AT4 upper seat belt mount photo

More
6 years 6 months ago #188547 by DodgeyChem
Hi Folks,

Does anybody have a photo that they can post of a Dodge AT4 upper seat belt mount?

Cheers,

DodgeyChem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188548 by 600Dodge
Do you mean the threaded boss in the B pillar?

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188550 by CJT12345
Would an International C1500 upper seat belt mount be close?
I can remove the belt tomorrow and get a photo of the thread.
Sorry the photo is upside down.

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DodgeyChem

More
6 years 6 months ago #188560 by DodgeyChem
Thanks Guys,

I'd LOVE a photo without the belt there!!!!!

I'm just trying to work out if my truck 'never had seat belts', or if the holes have been bogged over, and then, if so......why???

More
6 years 6 months ago #188567 by Mrsmackpaul
I doubt if a AT4 ever had seat belts and if it did I would have thought only lap belts

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188568 by Lang
You can buy seat belt anchors for a few dollars (basically a nut on a plate) which are legal if they are welded.

I have seen nutserts used. 5 minute job and I am sure they would work but probably not legal.

I think, in this day and age, you are probably silly not to have proper shoulder belts.

I have done a few old trucks by drilling right through the B pillar and putting a cup-head bolt all the way through from the outside. Actually had one of these blue-plated. The neat dome head does not look out of place if painted the vehicle colour. Make sure you get a Grade 6 or higher bolt.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188575 by Mrsmackpaul

Lang wrote: You can buy seat belt anchors for a few dollars (basically a nut on a plate) which are legal if they are welded.

I have seen nutserts used. 5 minute job and I am sure they would work but probably not legal.

I think, in this day and age, you are probably silly not to have proper shoulder belts.

I have done a few old trucks by drilling right through the B pillar and putting a cup-head bolt all the way through from the outside. Actually had one of these blue-plated. The neat dome head does not look out of place if painted the vehicle colour. Make sure you get a Grade 6 or higher bolt.

Lang

Lang I guess that makes me one of the silly ones as I dont have any belts at all unless they make me fit them for a RWC :woohoo: :woohoo: :lol: :lol:

Paul

More
6 years 6 months ago #188585 by Dodgeydude

Looks like 1970 onwards you need seat belts for no0n passenger vehicles up to 4500gvm.
My first rego papers says 1966 and there is no hint of seat mounting points.

This applies for larger vehicles

Many useful things fall off trucks

More
6 years 6 months ago #188586 by Mrsmackpaul
so many rules :unsure: :unsure:

More
6 years 6 months ago #188618 by hayseed

Lang wrote: I have done a few old trucks by drilling right through the B pillar and putting a cup-head bolt all the way through from the outside. Actually had one of these blue-plated. The neat dome head does not look out of place if painted the vehicle colour. Make sure you get a Grade 6 or higher bolt.

Lang

I remember My Grandparents had an EJ Holden car. Nan decided she wanted Seatbelts. Pop took It to the local Dealer & that's how It came back.A bolt all the way through the B pillar.It must've had a Step In It because whilst the Nut was done up Tight the the Top anchor still swiveled.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds