Skip to main content

Dodge AT4 upper seat belt mount photo

More
6 years 6 months ago #188624 by asw120
They have a spacer with a rebate in it and a wave washer (or whatever they're called) for it to pivot. Pulled heaps of them out of old cars.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188625 by Lang
I reckon it is a good fix.

If you look at the strap shoulder "buckle" at the top of those old belts they had a sleeve in the hole a bit fatter than the buckle to allow tight nut and swivel. Of course the normal captive nut system has a stepped bolt that comes up tight before jamming the buckle.

Jarrod

The wavy washer thingy is to stop the buckle rattling because it is not jammed tight.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188629 by DodgeyChem
Thanks for all the help folks.

For future readers, the understanding (at least in Victoria) I have is.....

They all HAD to have seatbelts from Jan 1970 up to 4500kg GVM.

If it had seatbelts stock, you must have the same stock arrangement.
If you make ANY mods - Engineers certificate.

I don't imagine simply drilling holes through the B Pillar EH Holden/XP Falcon style bringing you anything but undue scrutiny, leading back to the costs of a full engineering certificate, after you spend more money undoing the 'simple fix'....

I will go scraping the inside of my B pillars to try to find where the holes are, and would prefer to do the least damage possible - hence the request for photos of the stock position. if there are stock mounts, I will need to use them. If there were none from new, I guess it will be a trio of lap only belts??

Cheers,

DodgeyChem

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #188631 by CJT12345
Here is a photo with out the belt.
The 2nd photo is of the bolt and washers

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by IHScout.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188632 by Dodgeydude
I have done the drill through B pillar mod to some older cars with holes drilled in the floor and large reinforcing plates for mounting. I even mounted the rear retractors inside the boot and run the belts through guides out the parcel shelf. In my opinion much stronger than factory. Strictly legal? probably not.
If there are no existing factory mounts for the lap belts you are in the same spot though = Engineer. I do think I have read that for most vehicles they started to supply vehicles with mounts for driver only even when no belts were supplied. Also considering these are probably LHD body's you might find it on the passenger side along with the door lock!
You could always ask the rego mob in your state.....

Many useful things fall off trucks

More
6 years 6 months ago #188639 by asw120
Jarrod

The wavy washer thingy is to stop the buckle rattling because it is not jammed tight.

Lang

Correct, I just don't know the official name for them.

DodgeyChem:

In CJT's photo, the rebated spacer is clearly shown. That will come off with a bit of a tap.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 6 months ago #188642 by overnite

DodgeyChem wrote: Thanks for all the help folks.

For future readers, the understanding (at least in Victoria) I have is.....

They all HAD to have seatbelts from Jan 1970 up to 4500kg GVM.

If it had seatbelts stock, you must have the same stock arrangement.
If you make ANY mods - Engineers certificate.

I don't imagine simply drilling holes through the B Pillar EH Holden/XP Falcon style bringing you anything but undue scrutiny, leading back to the costs of a full engineering certificate, after you spend more money undoing the 'simple fix'....

I will go scraping the inside of my B pillars to try to find where the holes are, and would prefer to do the least damage possible - hence the request for photos of the stock position. if there are stock mounts, I will need to use them. If there were none from new, I guess it will be a trio of lap only belts??

Cheers,

DodgeyChem

Try running a magnet over the area, if its been bogged over the magnet wont stick too well.

More
6 years 6 months ago #188666 by CJT12345
This should narrow it down.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds